*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums.php/message_id/2752663
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #1474311
2023 Sign-ups are CLOSED. A month-long novel-planning challenge with prizes galore.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 24, 2014 at 7:13pm
Now I need to learn Sumerian(Creature Creating)
by A Non-Existent User
I have a book called Encyclopedia of Gods. For giggles I picked it up today and started looking through it. It said the oldest known religion, that we know of, was developed by the Sumerians. That made me think... Could I find an actual Goddess name for my "Source of all things"? The answer was yes.. Nammu.

But what really caught my attention was something in the description of Nammu. She used a little written about creature called Sig-en-sig-do to create those plants and creatures that are mortal. She created them out of clay...

So I have this shadow creature I didn't know what to call it because everyone uses shadows. My creatures were created when a dragon breathed fire on a dormant Phoenix bringing it back to life. The shadows created on the wall sprang to life as well. I am going to make these creatures the Sig-en-sig-do. Only I am going to shorten it since we have had many millennia pass since then to Sigen.

I guess I am saying this because if you are just wanting to create your own creatures starting with a book on the Gods might not be a bad idea.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
"WdC SuperPower Reviewers Group"Invalid Item
"Invalid Item
Check out my Rising Stars Bookiemonster Outasync Grace♥Leo health issues & bumfuzzled
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Now I need to learn Sumerian(Creature Creating) · 10-24-14 7:13pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Now I need to learn Sumerian(Creature Creating) · 10-24-14 9:31pm
by Storm Machine

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums.php/message_id/2752663