*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1756805-Take-a-Break
Rated: E · Article · Inspirational · #1756805
Take a Break from the boredom of conurbation and experience the freedom of your soul
With grave mystification I started writing my article as I wish to bring into the minds of my readers a vivid depiction of the oceans silhouetting the vast expanse of the earth. I wasn’t invited by any publisher nor am I a writer of any magnitude possessing the eloquence of diction and vigour of imagination an essayist is born with. I am just a sailor who steams through the mighty waves of the oceans on his petty boat leaving miles of trails behind him and thankfully I get paid enough to live a decent life in the severe turmoil of conurbation when I am home.
But sometimes I really wonder what I should write, what is left unsaid to my prized booklovers for they must have already covered the paths of the oceans glimmering with the rays of the rising sun in the sails of their imaginative minds and in the pages that have uncovered the deepest secrets from the deepest oceans of the earth. We all have heard the stories of Christopher Columbus, Vasco De Gama and not to forget the valiant character of Sindbad the sailor in our childhood days from our Grannies and history books and I am sure it has always been the unrequited queries of millions of young hearts with twinkling eyes trying to know which utopian world did these heroes reach after crossing the miles of adventurous depths and waves. No matter how soon we become grown ups in our lives, how fast we catch up with the pace of our competitions in our respective fields, we all nurture this seed of imagination in our mind and long for a moment where we can break free from all the rules that binds our minds and conduct in the society we live in. I wish to express that feeling of freedom that I have sensed while crossing the vast expanse of the oceans on the face of this mighty earth.
My alliance with the sea has always been thrilling as I vouched the espousal into this world of adventure ten years back. Initially it was stifling for me to coup up with the discipline and the routine life that the sailors need to abide by while being out at sea but then as I sensed the first raindrop falling on my face, the first kiss of the shimmering moon on my eyes as I stood on deck with stretched arms under the starry sky, the gentle breeze and aroma of love slithering on the wanton of winds as they soothed my senses, I savoured an incredible sense of freedom from the tiring life of conurbation. After an arduous task of drudgery when I took a stroll on deck in the evening I tasted the foamy salt water of the sea as the misty drops touched my lips being bathed in the warmth of the setting sun. I asked to myself if the world that we live in is so beautiful with all its elements then why can’t we people enjoy every moment of our life as we live here.
While crossing the topsy turvy waves of the oceans I barely noticed the decade that I left behind me along with the trails for I was so much soaked up in enjoying the freedom that I had got even being far away from my near and dear ones. Not to forget, as I stayed away from my relatives I spinned a new set of relationship with the veils of serenity at the middle of the oceans.
Today as I am back home after all these years, I still cherish this feeling of independence in all my thoughts and deeds. It doesn’t really matter how much we earn and what measure of success we achieve if we can’t enjoy every inch of it.
So today as an amorous pal I would like to invite all my readers that for once at least in your life break free from all the bonds that are tying your hands and holding you back and there is no better time than to do it now. For once step out of your BMW s to get back on the dusty scooty in your garage that you used to ride while you were in your college. Break your regular fitness schedule to savour a scoop of your favourite ice cream while you are in the mall buying diapers for your kids. Step out of your house at the middle of the night and run away to the roadside to enjoy the midnight meal at the local chai shop next to your college. Break some rules and get back the thrill in your life that has faded over these years while you were busy in winning the races of your life. For life is not only about winning accolades, titles and trophies it is not only about earning a living and securing the future but also about enjoying every moment of it as you live all these years in your daily routine. The utopian world in our minds that Sindbad reached after crossing the seas during our childhood days exists in our hearts, only waiting for us to pause a little while, close our eyes and take a peek to reach the place. Who knows for once you might also fall in love with your life once again ... like me.
© Copyright 2011 Maverick (co_arnabroy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1756805-Take-a-Break