*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1315947-Werewolf-the-change
by Corwin
Rated: 13+ · Monologue · Fantasy · #1315947
A very, very short piece - a sort of a monologue of a werewolf resisting his change.
Don’t stop. Hold on. Endure.
Embrace the darkness... 
You’re still too close. Go on. Run. Don’t stop.
Stop resisting. Release the beast...
No! Not yet. I can still feel the city behind me.
Stop fighting... 
Full of people.
Give in, satisfy the hunger... 
No! People... I can hear the beat of their hearts. So I run...
Fill the emptiness... 
Thousands and thousands of lifes. I smell...
Blood.
The pain throws me to my knees. I scream. Hands are shrinking, hair growing longer, each bone and every muscle shifting its shape. The pain is unbearable, but like a hundred times before I am forced to bear it. And as a hundred times before, I stop screaming. I howl. I’m not in control of my body, I don’t own the shell anymore. I’m a prisoner, a prisoner in a cell of damnation. But the prisoner’s consciousness is leaving. Falling to the darkness. And something is coming back, something... Different.
I open my eyes. I sniff and I smell... A city, behind me. Full of life, full of people. I can hear the beat of their hearts. Thousands and thousands of lifes. I smell... Blood. So I run...
© Copyright 2007 Corwin (corwin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1315947-Werewolf-the-change