*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1385265-The-Question-of-Strength-Pt-1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Snipe
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #1385265
Meet Curtis Crowwe and discover his twisted design. The first chapter of my first series.
      The state of man. Doesn't it sicken you? So many nations of people claiming that America is full of hatred and evil, when they themselves are expressing those very feelings toward the country. That doesn't mean that they are wrong, however.
      There's only one thing worse than those sickening attitudes, our contempt for others and even ourselves. It's their lack of strength. People have become weak over time, and it makes me want to destroy all of it. Thank your gods that I wouldn't. I only want to see a little change.
      People have grown so accustomed to their easy lives. They take all of their modern luxuries for granted, and yet they complain constantly. Complaints never come to an end in anything or anyone. They plague every mouth, corrupt every mind, and pollute every ear. They ring throughout the air, waiting to bring misery to anyone around. People even complain about others complaining!
    The pioneers of this country were truly the strongest of all the people. Uprooting lives, braving the harshest of weathers, not mourning death for any longer than was required of them. They never complained to anyone. They knew that complaining was a sign of weakness.
    Now, people seem to have made a sport of it, comparing their problems to see whose were worse, who's task more arduous and back-breaking.
    I have found true strength.
    People can look upon my lone visage and say to themselves, humbled, "Curtis Crowwe is the strongest man I have ever seen. He has truly been strengthened in himself." 
    As much as I hate those human cockroaches who have no clue about the strength in front of them, I have decided to impart my wisdom upon them, but they must be worthy of what I am offering to them. They must show me that they need it, want it, DESIRE it!
    Oh rejoice, my lucky friend. You shall either become as strong as I, stronger than you or any of your weak brothers, or you shall die striving to be a truly strong man. What an honorable life, to have worked for such a goal. If you die, it will be a death of rememberance, for you died striving for the strength.
                                               
                                                                                                                                                        Sincerely yours,
                                                                                                                                                        Curtis Crowwe
© Copyright 2008 Snipe (snipe_knight at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1385265-The-Question-of-Strength-Pt-1