*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1599235-Chapter-3-Getting-to-Know-Each-Other
Rated: 18+ · Other · Occult · #1599235
This chapter begins to set the background for the rest of the novel.
Chapter 3 Gettring to know Each Other

I slept late the next morning. It was a restless sleep. The taste of Elaina’s breasts still lingered in my mouth. Their bitter secretions had animated my dreams with a video of bizarre visions. One was Sarah, walking about, lost in a mist, calling out to Noir. In another, Elaina flailed me. Instead of pain, I felt pleasure and saw in her a heart, compassion and in her eyes, malice. I awoke in a cold sweat.

In the bathroom I gargled and brushed my teeth; the aftertaste wouldn't go away. I scrubbed harder and still the bitter sweetness lingered. In the shower, as the warm water sprayed onto my shoulders, I was taken by a fantasy. I saw myself tearing open Elaina's blouse and pulling down her bra. Then pressing her against the stall I saw my eyes drawn to her exotic nipples. My lips pinched hard as I drew one into my mouth, sucking like an addict, not wanting to stop.

“Come on now, get a grip on yourself! I muttered.

Shaking my head, I finished dressing and went topside. There a voice came floating into my mind.

"I’m in the dining room," My Lord.

"I’m on my way," I answered.

I had never been in love before. My heart pounded and I couldn’t wait to see Elaina. When I saw her, there skipped a beat and I felt her presence in my mind and knew she was aware of my feelings. I wondered if she felt the same way about me but realized that she could conceal her feelings if she wanted. Sitting down I ordered brunch.

"I trust you slept well," My Lord.

"As a matter of fact, I slept hard and restless."

"You’ve been asleep all your life. It was time you woke up."

"With a hangover…. "

"Oh really?" she answered.

"Too much fire, from the fonts of hell." I said smiling.

"That’s not funny," she answered, unamused. "What were you dreaming about?"

"I had Nightmares, about you and that darkness of yours."

"Tell me about them."

"Well at first there was Sarah calling out to Noir…. begging him to come back."

"Interesting. What else?"

"Then you were beating on me…, loving it and hating it at the same time."

"Now that sounds ominous."

"Do you know something I don’t?"

"If I had to guess, I’d say the two are related."

"How’s that?"

"I'd call them premonitions."

"Like maybe….they’re about to come true?"

"That would be my take."

"What’s happening to me, Elaina?"

"Our lovemaking has triggered some changes, that are taking place inside you."

"Go on."

"What you’re experiencing is very similar to what an initiate goes through."

"An initiate?"

"A Witch candidate."

"I’m listening."

"In the process of becoming a Witch, a Warlock takes her on a journey. It begins at the doorway to her soul and leads back into the great darkness. There he summons her Daemon. Sometimes it’s a male, sometimes female. He takes them to locations I must leave unnamed and introduces them to Life Forces that have a long tradition in our beliefs. After the tour he brings the two of them back to reality."

"So you went through an occult initiation that took you on a journey and when you returned, Noir came with you?"

"That's exactly what happened."

"Which one of you is in charge?"

"I like to think that I am but sometimes I’m not so sure."

"How did the experience affect you?"

"For a Witch it’s a right of passage, something an initiate covets and longs for. It’s a religious moment that's more profound than anything you can imagine. It's life changing."

"Like a Nun taking her vows?"

"Similar in some ways, I suppose, but it takes a path that Christianity would never consider and opens doors that are forever barred to them."

"How so?"

"Well, first off, women in most religions, are viewed as second class citizens. Even if the pathways were known, the gatekeepers would never give access to the powers we command. Second, we see both the darkness and the light as having a polarity. To a Christian, the very thought of their god having properties of both good and evil is blasphemous. Third, when a Witch calls her Daemon the two can have a real time conversation, inside her awareness. Finally the Daemon gives to a Witch her psychic powers. As I demonstrated, this is more than a telepathic ability."

As incredible as all this sounds I believe you. As a matter of fact it explains a lot."

"Why don’t we take a walk on deck," Elaina suggested.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a beautiful day that brings out the best in a cruise ship. The deck was crowded with people caught up in the moment and filled with the joy of being alive. As we walked along the deck I felt a profound contentment and basked in a warm happiness that seemed to radiated inside.

"Will I be taking a journey to the place you described?"

"Yes."

"Will you be my guide?"

"Nope."

"Why not?"

"For a Warlock, thats a mother’s duty. Do I look like your mother?"

"That could be a problem."

"How’s that?"

"I never knew my mother."

Eliana took a deep breath and popped an unexpected question.

"Do you want to marry me, Henry?"

"I love you Elaina."

"I know that…but do you want to get married?"

"You know I do. Why do you ask?"

"Because once we’re married you’ll have one. Mine. She’ll be thrilled."

"I never had a real family before."

"You will now…. My sisters will want to eat you alive."

"Any brothers?"

"As you'll discover, there are not a lot of males born into a coven."

"I don’t want a long courtship."

"I think that will suit everyone."

"When will I be initiated?"

"The process has already started… and for that there’ll be hell to pay."

"How so?"

"We’ve already broken some of the protocols… remember last night? The First Sex Rule?"

I’m glad we did it the way we did. I didn’t like the sound of the, "Supervised and Controlled," part.

"Now, since the damage is done, we might as well consider breaking a couple more."

"For instance?"

"We need to bring Sarah up from the basement and give her a key to your awareness."

"Is that a good idea?"

"Sometimes it’s nice, when you’re alone, to have someone to talk to."

"When do we start?"

"The next time we feel in the mood."

"After I take this trip with your mother, will I be a certified, card carrying Warlock?"

"This is serious Henry. Don’t get carried away with your levity. My mother is not exactly a stand up comedian."

"Sorry, but piety is not my strong suit."

"Then you better glamour up a mask and start getting good at pretending. Training for the Supreme Moment is about as serious as it gets... plus you will be starting out at a real disadvantage."

"Why?"

"Because you're a frackin enigma. Warlocks don’t just pop up every day... out of a Rent-A-Car lot."

"Then where do they pop up from?"

"Duh! Do you ever think before asking a question? A Warlock is born of a Witch. They’re cared for and nurtured, loved and treasured. Without a Warlock there is no manifestation of the darkness, no Daemon and no psychic gift."

"Didn’t you just tell me that Warlocks don’t get born into a Coven?"

"I said they weren’t common. Are you listening? They happen once in a blue moon. There are not that many around."

"Why is that?"

Because most misscarry. Unless they are exceedingly strong, they get smothered in the womb and even when they’re delivered, few survive."

"What’s the problem there?"

"Usually another Warlock…. Some are like a Tom-Cat."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"They eat their young."

A chill ran down my spine. Something buried deep inside stirred and I felt sick to my stomach.

"Excuse me. I think I could use a Dew right now."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elaina watched him turn and go. In his mind she read his thinking and in her heart his emotions. Du Chein was very disturbed and there was a revelation beginning to form. It ran like a burning fuse, to the very core of his being. There it ignited a memory, hidden deep, inscribed on a tattered scrap of recollection. It revealed a frightened woman, carrying a babe. In a heartbeat, Elaina knew, and trembled with anxiety. It was a Witche's worst nightmare. With a sigh she followed below and found him seated at the bar. She took a stool alongside and ordered a coke. They sat silently for a while. Finally she spoke.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I’m sorry Henry, really sorry."

"I’ve been thinking Elaina, maybe I don’t need to become a Warlock. I already have the gift. What more do I really need?"

"All Warlocks are born with telepathic powers," I answered. "But that’s only a small part of what the gift really is."

"Then you weren’t born with it?"

"No! My powers were switched on. I acquired them…, after the mastering."

"You’re referring to the initiation?"

"The mastering was part of the initiation."

"What happened?"

"At the end of the initiation, after after joining with the darkness, after I receiving the gift. That's when the mastering takes place."

"Explain."

"Noir fucked me!"

















© Copyright 2009 percy goodfellow (trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1599235-Chapter-3-Getting-to-Know-Each-Other