*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1613954-Mary
Rated: 18+ · Other · Other · #1613954
Entry for the Nightmare contest. Scare in 200 words or less.
Lying in bed, I can still hear the screaming. I can see her face as the knife came down upon her, again and again. At first they were little cuts, on her arms and legs. Then I got more ambitious driving the blade deep into her stomach and chest. Finally, I pierced her eyes, hearing the subtle POP! as her eyeballs exploded within the sockets. The blood was engorging, intoxicating. I can still taste it on my tongue. I can still feel it sliding down my throat when I lifted one of her mutilated wrists to my mouth and drank of her. It was warm, thick and luscious.

I didn't know who she was, just some stranger. She was cute and when she approached for a good time, I knew she was the one for tonight...

I can remember her hands. Her fingers were long, her nails short and red, like the blood that spilled beneath them.

I never knew her name. That disturbs me a little. I always take the time to at least find out their names.

"Mary," a voice whispered next to me. I look to my left and into the pierced eyes of Mary, Bloody Mary...
© Copyright 2009 jcmiller (jcmiller at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1613954-Mary