*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1610526-Sorry
Rated: 13+ · Other · Other · #1610526
Writer's Cramp entry
Hahahahahaha!! You want to be my friend on Facebook?? YOU?? Ten years ago you said I was nothing. That I didn't matter, and NOW you want to be friends?? Do you think that what you did to me when I was 15 didn't leave a mark, a scar? Do you think that the name calling, the put downs, and the lies were just fun?? Did you treat all your girlfriends this way?? Oh, yeah, you did. I remember now. My health teacher pulled me aside and asked me to break up with you because she'd seen the way you treated your last girlfriend. And the abuse you put me through wasn't NEARLY as much as what you put her through cause you decided I wasn't good enough for you only a few months into our relationship.

Do you know how long it took for me to get over what you put me through? How long it took for me to trust another man? I'm probably STILL not over it, but I've moved on.

Oh, what's this, a note?? You're sorry for what happened all those years ago?? Are you freaking kidding me?? I'm sorry too. Sorry I didn't see through you back then. Sorry I didn't listen to my mom when she said you were nothing but a piece of shit. Sorry I believed everything you told me about myself back then.

In retrospect, I'm also thankful, I guess. Thankful that things happened the way they did. If they hadn't, I'd have never met my husband, the most wonderful, caring, and compassionate person I've ever met. I'd never had given birth to the two beautiful children in the world. They are my life. If you didn't leave me the way you did, I'd never have hit rock-bottom and had to build myself back up piece by piece. I'd never be as strong as I am now. So, I guess, thanks, for being a jerk... but I don't need jerks like you in my life.

Ignore.




wc:335
© Copyright 2009 jcmiller (jcmiller at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1610526-Sorry