*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1636455-PARADOX---Chapter-9
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Action/Adventure · #1636455
If you enjoy James Rollins, Jack DuBrul, or Andy McDermott, you’ll love this one!
April 25, 2012 – The Vatican



“Please be seated,” the old Cardinal stated, with a gentle sweep of his aging hand. He was sitting in a small room with the heavy drapes closed. The only source of light came from a dim lamp in the corner of the ancient room. His intelligent eyes gazed at the young man noting the barely controlled eagerness and underlying piety he possessed. It had taken strong persuasion from the Hochmeister of his particular order to include him in the Cardinal’s delicate plans.

“You have been briefed on what is expected of you?”

“Yes, Your Immanence,” the young priest returned with a curt reply.

“You are aware of the significance of your mission and the extreme consequences of failure?”

“Yes, Your Immanence.”

“Have you any questions or personal reservations about the mission?”

“No, Your Immanence.’

“May the grace of God go with you, my son. The Cardinal finished with a flourishing sign of the cross over the man’s head. The young priest stood, bowed deeply and quietly left the room.

“And may God forgive me,” the aging Cardinal thought, bending his head in prayer.

© Copyright 2010 Oldwarrior (oldwarrior at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1636455-PARADOX---Chapter-9