*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1984646-The-April-Fool--A-short-story-in-verse
Rated: E · Short Story · Comedy · #1984646
Refer to http://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1984194-The-Chronicles-of-Grandad
It was a time of great fun, of jokes and games. But not for everyone, for some felt lame.

Deep in a cave sat the April Fool! A man in a costume without a single jewel!

Once the king's closest adviser, he'd been replaced by a filthy rich miser.

"I'll teach you how to get loads of cash!" and the king threw out poor April Fool in a flash.

So April Fool sat scheming, an evil-looking jester. He sat still so long, his flesh started to fester!

It had been twelve years when he came to a conclusion, to blend the king into a passion-fruit fusion!

When the day came, the Fool sat ready. He was calm, still, and his breathing was steady.

He kidnapped the king and put him in the blender. He felt the king's flesh; it was soft and tender.

The Fool licked his lips; this would be tasty. But for him to succeed, he would have to be hasty.

He switched it on; he heard the king's screams. Forever those howls would appear in his dreams.

He died a year later; his conscience was guilty. He left behind a son by the name of Milty.

On his deathbed, his last word was, "Hiya!", for he'd seen a vision of his descendant, Jeremiah.

But that's another story for another time. Thus comes the end of my silly little rhyme.
© Copyright 2014 MOSSPIGLET (mosspiglet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1984646-The-April-Fool--A-short-story-in-verse