*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2006812-people-who-have-influenced-my-life
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Biographical · #2006812
The people in my life who has made me the man I am today.
I am a person of opportunity and great on reading, reading everything from fiction to MLM. If its something that appeals to me I am going to read it. Now I try my hand at something that I have dabbled with but never have gone full force on writing.



  This is my story of how my life has came to pass. Never regretting what has happened to me because I take it as a notch on my belt. The things that have me the man I am today. I am thirty-seven years old and I know things that a man of fifty or sixty year old. So I will start from the beginning at the early age of six or seven I had a godfather that was a priest in an Orthodox church. He was like a second father to me and at times was a father to me. He gave me advice, took me under his wing and took to me to places I would have never seen if i had never met him. I loved my Godfather his only wish in life besides helping people and tutoring people and letting them know about God. He prayed to live to age of one hundred years young because no one in his family has ever made that mark. Well oh in nineteen eighty nine or ninety he left us and the city of New York to go to Austin Texas to retire at a monastery there. After some time he knew about my relationship with my then wife and My first born I was on eighteen at the time and he was very happy he hoped better for me but even though he approved and gave me his blessing so, as he went off to Austin, Texas I continued my life with then wife. Oh after a stoppage of letters and calls I got suspicious and early two thousand and two maybe I spoke to my mother about how I was feeling so she told me to call. I said I could not cause I did not want to hear the bad news of his death. So she called the Monastery in Austin, Texas and the Nun at the time spoke softly and with great intent when my Mother asked for Bishop Joseph Langdon. I heard the somberness that came over my mother and I asked what happened and she told the Nun that I was asking about him and she gave her a few minutes to let me know the bad news my God father had passed away in his sleep on his cell or dorm. While I cried because I lost my mentor and second father. My only question was how old was he when he passed? My mother relied the question to the nun and the Nun happily said he reached his milestone he was one hundred years two months and unknown days. So when my mom hung up with this very helpful nun she told me that he died at the age of one hundred and two months and a few days. Even though I was balling from tears and I was so saddened by the news I was expecting I was happy that a person of his caliber can wish and pray for something and it comes true. That's one of the lasting affects that he left me with. Since he was oh about twenty or so he was praying and wishing to god for a full life of a hundred years and God granted his dreams and prayers and even gave a couple extra months just for his faith in him.

  He was an instrumental part of my life but as I said in the story of my Godfather at the age of seventeen I met a girl that had my first son. When he was born I was eighteen years old and he is one of my proudest moments as a man and as a husband. With her I made a total of four  handsome and rugged boys. The Boys were names Enuel Matthew,Christopher Andrew, Louie Daniel and Brandon Jeremy. Our Relationship overall was not the best but from the beginning I was in love with her and we were together for oh fourteen years or so. I proposed to her after we together for eleven years, yes not to smart but yes I did and the marriage lasted oh a whole three years. So in two thousand and four I was divorced from i loved and now couldn't stand the site of her. The way she spoke to me and thinking that I was the same kid head over heals in love with her and after the divorce I just was not. I mean I never forgot my four boys but her and I could not hold a conversation without screaming and cursing mainly by me.      Anyway I was divorced for close to four years actually four years to the date when I met someone through my brother and sister in law. It was kind of weird quite honestly cause one day I received a call from my brother that he wanted to introduce me to a women and this women wanted to get to know me. Ok first of all I am the shiest person I know my rap to girls consisted of I am in love with you will you marry me at the age of twelve or thirteen. So yes girls shied away from me as expected. So when my Brother told me about this women I made every excuse in the book not to talk to her. I first said I hate long distance relationships  well he said the best thing he could ever told me. He said well you are coming to New York State to visit in a month or two why not meet her and see what happens. Well I took his advice and I said okay. He gave me the number to this woman and a very classy lady. Well on Janurary 5th I called this lady and we spoke for a while I mean a long time. We fell in love over the phone and four days later she asked me to be her boyfriend i said yes but I did not want rush anything oh boy how wrong i was. On Janurary 29th I arrived at John F. Kennedy airport and I went with every intention to stay with my brother and my sister in law and nieces and nephew. Well my brother helped me get my bag and I gave my brother and sister a hug and I saw Mrs. Susan Colon at the time honest first reaction she was a bigger women but very beautiful so as I went to give her a kiss and a hug her Grand daughter that was in her arms lounged her self at me and gave me a hug first. Wow was I caught off guard. So I gave her a hug and a kiss. Then Susan handed her grand daughter and she gave me a huge hug and a great big kiss wow I feel in love with her passion. I gave her Daughter Samantha a hand shake which she said no you family and gave me a hug I returned the hug. So I got my bags and we headed to the cars. Mrs Susan Colon held my hand and did not let it go for the whole trip back home to Newburgh, NY we stop to eat something. I was kind of stunted and felt a little out of place so I spoke to everyone while Susan and my Brother went to get the food and spoke about I do not know what but I was soon to find out. After lunch and a rest we continued the trip. So my sister in law said to Suzy and her Daughter do you guys want to eat dinner at our house so you can continue to talk to Papito my nickname. Susan Said oh do not worry we will get to know each other well because Papito is staying at my house I again was stunted and taken aback. Jennifer said well if that's what he wants we do not have a problem. All I said was I thought I was staying with you guys my brother said something like she wants you stay with her hey that's up to you I do not have a problem and if it doesn't work out hey my house is always opened. I said okay Susan was happy her daughter was like she knew that was gonna happen and her daughter was knocked out. So it was late when we had finished eating dinner especially for someone that just had a long plane flight so my brother and sister took us home.

    So know my biggest fears will be realized I have not been with a women for a full four years and this women was beautiful bigger than what i am used to but my biggest thing was will I be able to satisfy her. We were going to find out soon we arrived at her house very nice. She told me where I could put my stuff and we sat and talked all three of us Susan, Samantha and myself. About oh thirty minutes of us getting to know each other and by that I mean them asking me questions. I started to yawn it was almost eleven o'clock or so. Samantha said he must be very tired he had a long day I nodded and yawned some more. Susan said well lets go to bed. I agreed cause I was tired well we were not going to sleep. She kissed me and hugged and after a little while she became naked wow I feel in love again. He made passionate love and I was stressing bad and when we finished I started making excuses why I didn't preform well and she put her finger over my mouth and said I have no complaints. I know its been four years for you so I knew it was not going to last all night but I am not disappointed. Wow was that a relief. I fell in love with her for being a mature women and knowing the difference between a boy and a man. So as must men but especially as most people that had the longest day of his life I was knocked out as soon as I turned to my side.

    That when my life with Mrs. Susan Colon began I would say four months later we were married yes remember when I said I was truely wrong when I told her that i wanted to take it slowly when we became boyfriend and girlfriend. So yes four months after her being my girlfriend she was my wife. She immediately like that day changed her last name from Colon her last marriage to Caraballo my last name. Now we have been my wife for six years and in Janurary 9th we will be together for seven years together. She is the best thing that has happened to me besides my four children she has helped raised them when they were taken away from their mother cause my children step father at the time physically abused them. At that time I was in Puerto Rico again this time with my new wife. Well because of the news I rushed to New York city and picked up my kids. They were with us for two whole years. She helped raised them through this awarked time in their life. We moved from Puerto Rico to Amsterdam, NY and here we have been for almost four years and counting. Through all the problems, the trials and tribulations Mrs. Susan Caraballo is my rock, The person I lean on to help me with the hard times and be her support system when things go wrong in her world with either of her daughters. So now we still live in Amsterdam and I am the God father of Samantha's two boys. She has called me dad no it didn't happen quickly but when she knew I was there and not going anywhere I thought she felt in her heart to call me dad. She is my Daughter even though she is not my blood but nothing can seperate us. So now with my new family emerged by my four boys we are truely a very happy family.

That's my story of people who have influenced my life and because of their influences i am the man I am today.

   
© Copyright 2014 occasionalwriter (newwriter823 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2006812-people-who-have-influenced-my-life