*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2019935-Daily-Musings
Rated: 13+ · Other · Other · #2019935
just another snippet
Back from Telford I thought I was making a mountain out of a mole hill , surely a couple of hours in Telford could not be that bad . I was wrong , It started ok the train left Newtown Powys , I saw Percy the Tram coming the other way . I listened to the positive chatter of the yocals ,there was a buoyancy about them a innocence .I closed my eyes and thought perhaps there is a god , I listened amused and contented to the chatter of old biddies , A couple of teenage girls spoke to each other in watered down suburban street slang , I was touched by there innocence the levity of the situation quite heart warming .
Then Shrewsbury a old market town not devoid of character , but still gray , lame , I snap a picture of Charles Darwin , I,m sure Shrewsbury was not that lame when Darwin was around , I snap the city walls yeah its nice , but I feel emotionally stale . Telford is next on the menu . I buy a copy of the sun newspaper , I cant even read it , fuck I cant even look at the pictures ,Unadulterated shite , offensive , dull , insipid garbage . I can,t even stomach the sports section .
I board the Birmingham train the happy chatter of the Powys line has disappeared .Fear is all around me ,everyone seems to be wearing a contorted grimace , unlike the fields of Powys,, the fields here seem empty , darker , sadder , there,s no cows in them Pheasants , Sheep , Then Wellington oh god I close my eyes , life is losing its vitality , I try and feel the hidden spirit , I feel nothing just discomfort .
Then Telford a big empty nothingness , I get off the train , and walk down a alley under a grafiti laden bridge , three smack heads sit under the bridge plying there trade , I acknowledge them , Then Stafford Park industrial estate here I am at the gates of hell ............ It takes me almost a hour to find the obsolete location . Then here I am hard faced poles sit out side the main office in the porter cabin filling in forms all are at least three inches taller than me , I feel a wave of trepidation , sit down , breath , one hour later I am out of there , and my life long dream of packing boxes for minimum wage in dehumanizing soul sapping conditions set to become a reality , Quick Im out of Telford and please If there is a God never let me return .
© Copyright 2014 john33b (johnb33 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2019935-Daily-Musings