*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2021351-Beauty-v-Brains
Rated: E · Other · Cultural · #2021351
Depth of character pitted against shallow beauty
It is not too often that we will see someone with good looks and character beauty, an individual unique complete with quirks and the oddball personality. I preach about the importance of books and broadening one's mind, to change our perspective of the beauty of man and fellow kind.



What defines beauty? Is it aesthetics and facial features in perfect symmetry? I cannot explain what is so exciting about a nose and two eyes it is all the same to me. I am intrigued by the depth of character, the mind and the inner identity. To be more than just the pulchritudinous face, a charismatic persona is the key. Disciplined, intellectual beauty is what I desire. A soul with a character that isn't for hire. There is something about elegance and grace that I admire. Deep late-night conversations that will never tire.



Cynicism is my hamartia, my fatal flaw. I see a world of people wanting pretty toys and nothing more. The preconceived idea that certain body-types are better than others. People bullying the outcasts but how would feel when you see tears of their mothers? Judgemental is the world, at whom should the blame be hurled? The government, violent games or the Wikipedia? No it is our fault we cannot blame anyone not even the sensationalised media.



Your eyes are brown and beautiful yet empty and sad. You wish someone could see the true you that would make you glad. Your face is caked in make-up, your lipstick stains the coffee cup. You have so much more to offer than those trying to get in it. Waiting for the day someone talks to you even just for a minute. You don't have a gimmick so those minutes will turn to hours. Be who you are and write a poem when you smell morning flowers.



Speaking intelligently and never trying to copy. Being someone you are not makes you look sloppy. I emphasise the importance of individuality, stand up for something you believe in even if it makes you the enemy. Be who you are and be all your own, be brave and remember that you are not alone. Being who you are is respectful and pure. Tainted are shallow hearts and sadly there is no cure.



Being who you are and always keeping it real will help you find a love unlike any other you will ever feel. Improve yourself by reading a book every two or three weeks, change the expression of your thoughts when you speak. This rhyming blog post is drawing to a close. You are beautiful no matter how big your nose.





© Copyright 2014 BrendonBraun (braunbrendon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2021351-Beauty-v-Brains