*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2039029-Misconceptions-about-the-Bible
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by SdBurn
Rated: E · Other · Spiritual · #2039029
A blog of thoughts I have been thinking recently.
Misconceptions about the Bible PT.1

We have been misled into thinking things that the bible never really says.

1. There is no night in heaven
This is a general misconception that people think about when discussing heaven without knowing if they are wrong. Genesis 1: 1-5 this is the first day God creates day and night but contrary to popular belief this is not a 24 hour day on the earth this is day and night in heaven from his kingdom from his place in the universe where he created all things. As a matter of fact God does not create our sun and moon as we know them until the FOURTH DAY. Gen 1: 16-19.

The verse people refer to often is Rev 22:5 but they are still misunderstanding the where this takes place it is on the new earth under the new heaven (Sky) it is in the new city of Jerusalem and in that city there will be no need for a lamp or light because God himself will be its light. Also in REV 7:15 it says there are those who worship God both Day and Night in heaven.

2. There is no marriage in heaven.
This concept has been plaguing people for a very long time but it’s just not true. This comes from a confusing passage in Matt 22:30 but the problem within this is that this verse is taken out of its context frequently. Here Jesus is asked a question by the Sadducees again hoping to catch him saying something heretical or sinful so they come up with an impossible situation and pose him a question.
Firstly the Sadducees did not believe in the resurrection at all verse 23.

Secondly the phrase they will neither “marry nor given in marriage” is key because Jesus is referring to a certain kind of marriage where in that time and age people were given into marriage contracts as if they were pieces of meat or pawns being played in some game women had no say in this age. So what Jesus means to say that in heaven no one is simply given away as thing to be married off to another person but in heaven it won’t be a like that. This entire interaction between Jesus and the so called Teachers is a riddle to be solved, can you guess it? 1 Cor 11:11- What is heaven if we are not in the Lord?

So where does the problem lie are we reading these verses wrong? Or has Satan tricked us into thinking that heaven is a place filled with light and clouds and everyone plays a harp? Or is it us?

Do you believe that God is cruel that he removes his blessings at a whim? The sad truth is that most of us have put God in a 9x9 box and believed that he can only do things within that box we need to radically change our way of thinking about who God is to each of us We are living in the last days soon there might not be anytime left to think about these things. Take advantage of the time you have and think truly think about who God is to you.


© Copyright 2015 SdBurn (sdburn2000 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2039029-Misconceptions-about-the-Bible