*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2006682-A-personal-study-into-lonliness
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by SdBurn
Rated: 13+ · Essay · Other · #2006682
A personal blog about a personal study into loneliness and this is the result.
    Loneliness a personal study.

Disclaimer: I am not a psychologist none of what I say is to be taken as more than observations of my own life and experiences. If you suffer from loneliness and depression please seek professional help.


      In a lot of my life's moments I have personally struggled with a lot of loneliness the emotion has been powerful in my life. I have prayed for a long time in my life to meet that special someone and yet it hasn’t happened so I question my faith and begin to doubt. A few days ago I was hanging out with some friends and was wondering about whether or not companionship will continue in heaven I asked if they believed if that loneliness still exists in heaven or does God meet that need?

    One person suggested studying out what loneliness really is as in Is it simply an emotion? Or is there something more to it than what we feel. So I said sure he also encouraged me to leave religion at the door. I will try to do the same here since not everyone has a religion.
 
      Imagine my surprise, come to find out reading through different articles online they have nearly all the same things to say that loneliness itself is an emotion but it also as come from our mind's as well
They basically had these things to say that

1. Loneliness is an emotional response, no duh right?

2. That loneliness is unique to each individual that is why most people do not feel lonely at all.

3. That the personal events in a persons life can have a powerful impact on your emotions later on in life.

4. Our emotions, psychology and spirituality can all have on impact on the other so for example if something happens in your life like failing at a project you would feel depressed and then then the mind might feel mentally exhausted followed by bodily fatigue and then one would pray "Why did this occur..?" and so on and so forth.

    So lets say for example that one person has no trouble making friends through out school and has a great relationship with their parents and friends. This person is far less likely to feel lonely in their adult life or in general
compared to those that those who have had a completely different experience as a child such as not being able to make friends easily or not having a good relationship with mom or dad. On the surface of this argument I would have to agree. But there are those that can overcome great adversity in life to become a happy person for now though that is whole other blog.

      Basically it comes down to each individual's experience some of us are lonely and others are not and they are OK with that it doesn’t bother them good on you. Sometimes I think that I am the crazy one because loneliness has been a powerful emotion in my life it can make me a very depressed person. Maybe this is my form of therapy.

      Let us use my life and count wounds upon my emotions I suggest others do the same you can begin to see that its not all my fault or yours either. Loneliness is not anyone persons fault so stop looking to blame someone or something.

1. Always teased as a kid.
2. Never picked for teams as a kid
3. Never really good at making friends as a kid.
4. I was never close to my father or mother growing up they would be constantly critical with me asking why cant you be more like your brother?
5. Girls never liked me at least not they way I wanted them to.
6. numbers 1-4 lasted all through high school a constant source of emotional distress.
7. My mother passed away my second year in college.
8. My family became broken.
9. Enough about me back to work.

      So loneliness in itself is not just one emotion caused simply because you feel lonely but it is a great number of things it is my upbringing, it is the events of my life compacted together translated into an emotion. which is difficult because emotion's on their own are powerful and tricky little boogers but the fact that they are magnified because of life's experiences can catch us off guard which results in at least for me random bouts of depression and thoughts of suicide.

    It is a great many things played out over and over again each day Why? Because powerful memory's and emotions simply don’t go away they are still there and can easily come to the surface making an already powerful emotion even worse but  What Do I know right?

I encourage each person to examine themselves and really try to understand what your emotions are a result of only you know yourself best of all.

sources.

http://www.forlonelysingles.com/

http://psychology.about.com/od/psychotherapy/a/loneliness.htm
© Copyright 2014 SdBurn (sdburn2000 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2006682-A-personal-study-into-lonliness