*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2040619-Pokemon-BV---Vergil-Vs-Sparrowlord
Rated: E · Other · Fanfiction · #2040619
Another Battle Video retelling. This time Vergil battles a trainer named Sparrowlord.
         Vergil looked at the Team Preview screen and thought over her options for the coming battle. She already knew three of her four Pokemon that would enter battle but chosing the last one was the tough choice. "Robin or Lissa? Robin's Drought is needed for Lucina to really punch through, but Lissa's coverage is also a plus. What to do?" She thought over the pros and cons to both Pokemon then made a choice.



         The two trainers entered the stadium and looked at one another. "Didn't think I'd be battling an American tonight." Sparrowlord said as he pulled out two Pokeballs and readied for the battle. "Let's see if you're any good. Come out Terminator and Sratus!" The French trainer tossed both Pokeballs into the air, revealing Rayquaza and Thundurus.



         Vergil swallowed the lump in her throat as she tossed two Dusk balls into the air. "Let's go Gaius and Lon'qu!" the Pokemon Ranger called out. Out from the Dusk balls emerged a Flygon and a Greninja. The battle had begun and both trainers looked ready to go all out.



         "Hear me Terminator! Mega Evolve!" The french trainer yelled as his Keystone lit up. Rayquaza's began changing as it mega evolved.



         "Lon'qu Mat Block! Gaius Tailwind!" Vergil called to her Pokemon.



         "A fool's hope! Stratus Discharge! Terminator Hyper Voice!" Sparrowlord ordered.



         Greninja was faster. He kicked up the mats shielding himself and Flygon from the on coming attacks. Thundurus let loose a Discharge hoping to strike his enemies down but the mat held back the attack. Mega Rayquaza winced slightly as the electric attack struck it. Small flickers of electricity beamed from the mighty serpent. "Terminator!" Sparrowlord called out.



         "It seems your attack backfired and paralyzed you're Pokemon." Vergil noted as she watched her Flygon give Greninja a thumbs up as he flapped his powerful wings. Flygon got the Tailwind up and smirked at Greninja as though reassuring him that they had this battle.



         Mega Rayquaza, as mighty of a Pokemon as it was, went last only to have its Hyper Voice stopped by the mats Greninja had kicked up.



         "Now! Lon'qu use your Ice Punch target the mega! Gaius follow up with Dragon Claw, same target!" Vergil instructed her Pokemon.



         "Two can play a strong offense! Stratus keep Discharging! Terminator Hyper Voice!" Sparrowlord's voice rang.



         Greninja closed in and delivered a chilling punch to Mega Rayquaza's neck. Behind him, the Greninja could hear Flygon's beating wings. The smaller dragon closed the distance quickly thanks to the Tailwind blowing behind them, outran their opponents and clawed the large serpent across the snout. Mega Rayquaza roared in pain as it collapsed, eyes spinning. "Terminator!" Sparrowlord's eyes showed the anger of losing his mega that early in the battle. "Come on back."



         Thundurus sent out another Discharge only striking Greninja. The frog Pokemon dropped to a knee, he felt the stinging of the electrical attack coursing through him. "Lon'qu, you going to be able to keep fighting?!" Vergil called to her Greninja. There was a faint smirk as the frog rose to his feet. Flygon steadied Greninja as they waited for the next Pokemon from the other team to take the field.



         "He still has two Pokemon on reserve. Probably his Espeon and Serperior." Sparrowlord thought as he grabbed his next  Pokeball. "Go Chandelure!" He yelled as the Ghost/Fire Pokemon took the field next to Thundurus.



         Vergil stood a bit shaken. "No matter what I do this turn, I'm losing Lon'qu. I protean into an Ice type with Ice Punch to attack Thundurus, Chandelure hits with Heat Wave. I protean into a water type with Waterfall to attack Chandelure, Thundurus take me out with Discharge." She thought as he looked from she Greninja and Flygon to the Chandelure and Thundurus. "I can't risk the switch to Robin or Lucina. If Gaius can't one shot that Thundurus, Robin will likely get one shotted on the switch. And switching into Lucina is plain stupid while there's a fire type on the field." She thought as she looked at the Dive Ball and Pokeball she had on her belt.



         "Lon'qu Ice Punch the Thundurus! Gaius back him up with Dragon Claw!" Vergil finally called out.



         "Stratus Discharge! Chandelure Heat Wave!" Sparrowlord ordered. "You're preictable Vergil!"



         "So are you!" Vergil replied as she watched her two Pokemon rush the other team.



         Greninja's fist glistened with Ice as he punched the Thundurus in the cheek. With a pained cry the electric/flying Pokemon collapsed, eyes swirling. "Stratus!" Sparrowlord yelled. Flygon changed his target to the Chandelure and clawed the Ghost/Fire Pokemon in its central spot. But it was not enough to take it down. A lick of flames wisped from Chandelure and struck Flygon. Chandelure attacked with Heat Wave and as Vergil had predicted Lon'qu collapsed his eyes spinning. Gaius was still on his feet. "A foolish move leaving your Greninja out like that!"



         "We'll see." Vergil noted as she held a Dusk ball. "You did great Lon'qu, return." She said as the red beam shot forth and brought Greninja back to the Dusk Ball. Flygon looked at his trainer, expecting the trainer to have a solid strategy. "Let's go Lucina!" Vergil called as she tossed his Pokeball into the air. A shiny Serperior, the grass snake Pokemon, shot out from the ball, her eyes indicating she was ready for battle.



         "Show 'em who's boss, Dr Whale Fin!" The french trainer yelled as Kyogre came forth. There was a radiant flash as the Alpha crystal encrusted Kyogre.



         "Primal." Vergil thought, remembering similar during her encounter with Groudon.



         Primal Kyogre screech loudly making Flygon cover his earholes. The stadium was quickly filled with the sound of heavy rain as Primordal Sea took effect. "Let's see you NUs take down this bemoth!"



         "No problems there. Gaius use your Dragon Claw, go after the Primal. Lucina Leaf Storm the Primal." Vergil instructed her Pokemon.



         "Dr Whale Fin strike them down with Origin Pulse! Chandelure Heat Wave!" Sparrowlord's eyebrows narrowed in anger as he realized he only had two Pokemon left.



         Serperior attacked first. She whipped up a Leaf Storm but to her and Vergil's surprise Primal Kyogre avoided the attack. Flygon shot pass his partner and struck the gigantic water Pokemon with his claws. The attack barely did any damage. Primal Kyogre's body surged with power as it fired off its blitz move Origin Pulse. Flygon managed to dodge the attack but Serperior got hit fairly hard. Chandelure fired off Heat Wave, unfortunately for the Ghost/Fire Pokemon the attack fizzled out in the heavy rain.



         "What?!" Sparrowlord looked shocked.



         "Didn't you know? In extreme weather, certain moves won't work." Vergil explained as she smirked, her arms crosse over her chest. "Let's wrap this up, shall we. Lucina Leaf Storm, Gaius Dragon Claw, both of you go after the Primal!" Vergil instructed.



         "Origin Pulse and uh... uh... Heat Wave?" Sparrowlord had had his confidence utterly shaken this battle.



         "Didn't you learn last time, that won't work!" Vergil called across the stadium as she watched her Serperior launch Leaf Storm and hit the Primal Kyogre. There was a loud screech in pain as the Primal Kyogre collapsed, its eyes spinning. Sparrowlord called his knocked out giant back and looked to his Chandelure. There was a red flash from Serperior indicating a stat boost.



         Flygon lashed out on the Ghost/Fire Pokemon with a savage Dragon Claw. His eyes burned with something that Vergil knew too well. The Ghost/Fire type was also knocked out in that turn. Sparrowlord called his last Pokemon back and looked down. "How did? How did two NUs beat my Primal Kyogre?!" He yelled in aggiatation at the Ace Trainer.



         "Simple really. Type match up and strategy." Vergil replied as she called both of her Pokemon back and left the stadium. "And I thought three steps ahead, this time."
© Copyright 2015 VergilZard (vergilzard at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2040619-Pokemon-BV---Vergil-Vs-Sparrowlord