*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2041559-Hubble-not-Hubris
Rated: E · Other · Religious · #2041559
Something old, something true, something borrowed and done anew. I made this oldie my own.
Hubble not Hubris


One day in the future, all the world's scientists got together and decided that since humans could now control the weather, create life, and solve most of the great mysteries of the universe, God was no longer needed.

The scientists then told God that He was unnecessary, and should leave everyone alone.

God replied that He would agree to the scientists' demand, but only if humankind could win a contest that He wished to propose. The challenge was a simple matter of whether the men could create a human being equal to that made by God Himself.

Confident in their advanced abilities, the scientists eagerly accepted the test.

A moment later, God reached down and grabbed a handful of dirt.

The scientists, also, then reached down and collected their own handfuls of dirt, ready to use their great machines to alter the molecular structure of the soil.

"Just a second," God said, interrupting the others' efforts. "Sorry, but you're going to have to get your own dirt."
© Copyright 2015 The prodigal son returns 2023. (timtuink at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2041559-Hubble-not-Hubris