*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2051074-The-Quake
by Ghost
Rated: E · Documentary · Sci-fi · #2051074
A story setting that I am not going to do anything with. Expand/build upon if you want.
         Near the end of the twenty-first century, the human race witnessed the most horrifying disaster in history. A sonic weapon developed by an unknown organization was deployed by an unnamed party against the United States. The world watched as the entire western coast was devastated by an unnaturally powerful earthquake. The earthquake ripped open a volcano beneath the streets of Seattle. The crack spanned from San Francisco all the way to a small city in the southern tip of Alaska. The entire portion of the coast that broke off sank into the ocean. The amount of debris entering the ocean created a tsunami that obliterated almost every island between California and Japan. The shockwaves and Tsunami slammed into Japan with enough force to break apart the Japanese Islands.
         As Japan got slammed with water and earthquakes, shockwaves also raced eastward, devastating city after city. Everything from northern Canada to Southern Mexico and as Far East as Washington D.C. was flattened by the power of the waves.
The horrors of that day spread like wildfire. The United States government, the Canadian Government, and the Japanese Government vanished into thin air. The United Nations fell in the land grab that followed. Countless governments went after the land that used to belong to the U.S. After the chaos wore itself out, the creator was found. When he was asked why he built the weapon in the first place, his answers was basic. "Because I could."

© Copyright 2015 Ghost (ghost2012 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2051074-The-Quake