*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2056312-Conundrum
Rated: E · Fiction · Emotional · #2056312
Short story (350 words) about child's thoughts on beach.
He lay there helpless. No one was there. Strong giant sea waves struck him, swaying his tiny body from shore to sea and sea to shore. Whenever a looming wave hurtled toward him, he shut his green glittering eyes with fear and his heart fluttered in his chest like a caged bird.

A few hours ago they engulfed his whole body and struck him like hammer blows, the destructive waves now seemed to pass through his body, untouched. He knew not what happened to these destructive waves . But whatever happened, they brought equanimity to his mind and body that he hadn't felt for a long time. Perhaps some magic had turned the harsh waves into an innocuous diaphanous layers of mist. A look of strain came over his face as he pondered where was everyone?

He scanned the vast expanse of finely grained sand . It was wet. A wetness that was rich and wild. Suddenly,amid a thin mist brewing up, blurring his vision, he noticed an object lying on the sand. His brows arched and his eyes dilated in awe as he tried to focus his vision on it . It seemed somewhat familiar. Something he had seen recently. A sudden dread gripped his heart . It was not an object . It was a motionless body.

But no one was there except him. Then who was it? Never ending aimless thoughts of dread and consternation clouded his mind. The thoughts that could be onerous and deadly fatal for any child's feeble mind.He again looked at the body.A crimson shirt and a blue jeans covered the body. A rough thin brown hair on the head made him uneasy. Now, he didn't want to look at that tiny body. It made him uneasy.

Then, he felt a thin white figure appearing before him in the thin mist. His heart beat faster as the mystical figure got closer to him.

Now, everything began to make sense. The mist. The body. The waves. While carried away by the angel, he was filled with a perpetual grief. Gradually, tears began to well up in his eyes and silently coursed down his cheeks as he gazed last time at the body lying on the sand. It was his own !
© Copyright 2015 nascent313 (nascent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2056312-Conundrum