*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2066570-It-Was-Just-A-Dream
Rated: 13+ · Other · Emotional · #2066570
Something I wrote for an ex. A couple of the lines may be too vulgar for some.
         It was just a dream, a dream that seemed to go on forever. A dream so real, I wish it would've never ended. I still feel your fingertips on my skin. I still feel your arms around my waist. I still feel your lips brushing against mine. I still feel your teeth grazing my neck, and your hands tangled in my hair. I feel your breath on my cheek, and the sunlight you gave my body. I still hear your voice. I still feel your emotions. You woke up though, and now all that is left is what never was, never will be. I think I'm beginning to wake up too, because everything is just a faded memory. Everything we were, everything we had... I know it can never be again, and as long as you're happy, I'll learn to be okay with it. I'll learn to live without you. I'll be okay again. I keep daydreaming about you. You coming back, everything being okay again. But deep down, I know that it cannot be, and while it's a harsh reality, I think I'm prepared to face it. I hope the next girl realizes how lucky she is, and I hope you find what you're looking for in life. All I ever wanted was for you to be happy. I understand now that you weren't happy with me. So I hope with your new freedom, you'll find the happiness you were always searching for. God knows you deserve it. I love you, and I'll never forget you, but I think it's time this dream comes to an end and there was between us becomes a distant memory...

© Copyright 2015 Ayla Marie (rnichole7 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2066570-It-Was-Just-A-Dream