*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2083883-Summer-Days
by River
Rated: E · Short Story · Family · #2083883
Who doesn't love summer days.
Summer Day's


The warm day was nice. It's been 90 drgees these last few day.

"Finely." Damien said. He loved summer but to be honsty the hot was not his forte.

He walked down the stone path, the one that his family made. He opened the gate the lead to the gargen that he's been caring for the last few years.

Bleeding Hearts, Marigold (in lots of colors), Tulips, Pansy's and Snapdragons.

Damien looked at the flowers, "Looks like you guy's could use some water."

He turned the hose on and gently sparyed water on them.

He stopped to smell the Lavender. Checks on the Dahlia sprouts. The some what wild Daisy's that his sister loves.

And lasted but not least the Rose's. He loved them. Red, yellow, white and some many more colors.

His mother told he to take good care for her garden. She passed away a few years ago. She told him, "You are the keeper of the garden now."

In away, it was his keepsake. One of the many great things his mother gave him.

"Hey Damien."

Damien looked at his brother. "Hey Dom."

Dom handed him a popsicle. "Come sit down with me."

They watched the hummingbird feeder. The fast, little birds zipping around for the food inside.

Damien put his popsicle wrapper next to him on the step.

Dom took a drink from his plastic bottle.

"What you thinking?" Dom asked.

Damien laughed a little. "Do you remember the time you and I played gladiator?"

"What about it?"

"Well I recall you using a fork for a sword." Damien said.

"And you didn't?" Dom said.

They laughed. That was some many years ago. Now both in there 20's they don't get to have fun like that anymore.

"Man, that's one thing I miss about summer." Damien said.

"Me too." Dom agreed.

The brother's sat there for a long time. Just watching the world come to life.

This was why they loved summer day's.
© Copyright 2016 River (makingitup at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2083883-Summer-Days