*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2089521-The-Unthinkable---Chapter-1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by River
Rated: 18+ · Novel · Fantasy · #2089521
Damien and his two sons, get a new start in life but will his pasted stop this?
~Chapter One~


The Dream


Wakened, to find a tree branch hitting the window made Damien jump. He sat up to what uninvitedly made noise. The wind blowing
was comforting. He had no idea what to expect, being new to the place. "Damien, get a hold of yourself." He said to himself.

"I am a Werewolf. I should be able to handle this, I mean, I did use to live in the forest." He tried to be strong but his mind screamed and once again the wind got the best of him and he seen something. From the window was a dark shape standing in the trees. He
looked back to the others that shared the same room with him but when he turned around no one's there.

He walked off the last step and saw the house untouched. This made his skin crawl. He wanted a hole to hide in, he kept looking for anyone or thing. He found no one. He could hear his own breathing, but wait; there's this tapping somewhere. "Tap, tap, tap" where's that sound? But he remembered someone standing outside, so he went to go look. He goes to the door, the shape still there. He went outside more. "Hello." That's what he could say.

Strong feeling's told him go back, but curiosity got the better of him. He got closer, closer until he could tell what's there. A tree and nothing more but something's behind him. He turned to look when something sharp ripped into his stomach. Breath breaking, trying to stay calm he looked at who did this to him, to his surprise.......it's him self.

Waking to someone shaking his shoulder he looked and seen John, another Werewolf, telling him to get out of bed. "Damien! Damien! You need to get up!" John said as he shook him again.

"John you can stop shaking me now." Damien said. John left the room. Damien got out of bed. Looked out the window, assuming to find the dream again. His family's new here. It's been a week. What happens when he sleeps is dream, but it's the same, over again. He doesn't understand why.

He took a shower, put cloths on, he wore black jeans, a dark blue t-shirt with bold black letter's, 'Don't upset me! I'm running out of places to hide the bodies.' Damien's hair is black and crew cut.

He went to the kitchen to get something to eat. When done he went out to help with the horses.

Outside he seen where the dark shape once stood. Remember his dream. What happened. The experience went deep to his bones.

Sheppard, Damien's son, seen his father looking out at the tree line. Curiously he moved closer to his father.

Damien kept looking at the trees, when something got his attention. He noticed a dark shape standing there. Something took him by surprise, he turned around to see his son right there.

"What are you looking at?" His son asked carefully.

"I thought I seen something." Damien answered with an irritated tone. Sheppard took a step back from his father’s rash voice and looked at him.

He now realized how much muscle his father had and how strong and deep his voice sounded. He looked again, lowering his eyes
from his glaze saying, "I just wanted to know." And he walked away. Damien not looking ashamed over what happen looked back to the tree's, but that's just it. The dark shape had moved.

The day rolled on and soon Damien started to think what he said to Sheppard and felt badly. Damien consider telling Sheppard sorry but when he find him he doubted he should. "Tell you the truth Ruf. I don't think his well." Sheppard told his older brother.

"Maybe he didn't want to tell you so you didn't get scared?" Ruf said. The sadness in his little brothers green eye soften.

Sheppard looked up and finally decided to say, "Your right, he didn't want to hurt me. But his face said something else Ruf. I think something's wrong with him. Why can't you see that?"

"What? You think he's going mad or something?" Ruf said. "Shep, think about something else. It's been years, the doc fixed him for good, so stop thinking stuff." Ruf said in an irritated tone.

Sheppard once again is shock how his father and brother both are rash. But this time he didn't back away, instead he took a step closer and said, "You sound the same as him! And that's not a good thing. He has a good side of him and a asshole side. Shows in you too."

"Fine if you want to be an ass the same as him, go ahead but not to me." Sheppard said loudly in Ruf's face. Ruf looked shocked. His face said, "What the hell happened?"

Sheppard means what he said. He and Ruf exchange looks and Sheppard walks away but stops shortly when his father stood in the door frame looking at him and Ruf. His face read, "What are you guy's thinking?" Sheppard walked by, not wanting to talk to his father nor brother, but wanted to be alone.
© Copyright 2016 River (makingitup at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2089521-The-Unthinkable---Chapter-1