*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/480857-THE-SAND-ON-THE-BEACH
Rated: E · Short Story · Experience · #480857
My encounter with Adonis
WORD COUNT: 189


The sand on the beach was searing hot. I skipped across the surface as fast as my bare feet would allow. Intent on only one thing; to make it to my car before my soles would burn to a crisp.

I noticed him leaning against a palm tree. Long masculine legs, he must have been at least six foot three.
I worked my way up his body, past his swim trunks and noticed his tight ab's. His chest was built like an Adonis; his shoulders wide, his arms solid with muscle, and strong.

Hmm, not bad, I thought, something to get excited about. I gazed at his face and held my breath. He had a solid grin plastered on his handsome face.

I gave him a smile as best as I could, without letting on about the pain on my feet.

I closed in the distance between us, skipping through the sand.

With an idea in my head on what to say, I suddenly stopped in my tracks.

To my disappointment and embarrassment did I finally realize,
I had been flirting with a live-size poster board display.


© Copyright 2002 P.K. PARKER (peaches2002 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/480857-THE-SAND-ON-THE-BEACH