*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/480855-WE-SAT-BENEATH-THE-PURPLE-SKY
Rated: E · Short Story · Family · #480855
Laurie will never forget the night her Daddy left
WORD COUNT: 249

My daddy took me by his hand and we sat on the roof to watch the night sky. The purple hues and bright glares of millions of stars above. Nothing could have been more beautiful than those moments I cherished. To have my daddy by my side. I could feel his hesitation, the words I threaded to hear.

He searched for the right words that would tear our world apart and it would never be the same again.

"Laurie, I have to tell you something," he started and pointed toward the sky. "You see those stars there way above?"

I nodded and tried to hide the tears that had crept inside my innocent eyes.

"Sometimes, they will get too close to one another and a great force pulls them apart," he went on. "And there is nothing anybody can do to stop it."

I looked at him and held on just a little tighter.

"Your Mom and I love you very much, you know that right?"

"Yes, daddy. I know,"

"I'm going to have to go away for a while, baby cakes."

"But, why daddy? I don't want you to go. Take me with you." I begged.

He hugged me tight and he kissed my hand for one last good-bye.

I still remember that night so long ago, and wonder where he is. And as sadness takes over my eyes, the heavens seem to disappear,
Mars' suddenly free falling from orbit with one of my tears.


Liked this story then also check out my published Mystery Novel:
LOOK INTO THE EYES OF EVIL by P.K. PARKER
Available only on www.ebay.com via seller: peach1212
© Copyright 2002 P.K. PARKER (peaches2002 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/480855-WE-SAT-BENEATH-THE-PURPLE-SKY