*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books.php/entry_id/818046
Rated: E · Book · Entertainment · #1932477
It is a waste to ignore the musings of the mind.
#818046 added May 28, 2014 at 2:59am
Restrictions: None
Small Acts of Kindness
I have read somewhere about people who are trying to change their attitude, and learning to do small acts of kindness.

I think it is admirable for people to perform acts of kindness. I believe it is possible to be kind, and to learn to change one's attitudes and thinking toward another.

Why, for example, would I forgive the person who brutally beats me because he wants my purse? From that moment on, my human feelings toward the thief are hatred, a consuming dislike to the point of either actually killing her/him or finding someone who would do her/him harm, to satisfy my hatred. How am I to do a small act of kindness to anyone who steals and do harm to another?

Yet, I read about people who are trying to do acts of kindness. How do they do it? I do admire them, praise them for thinking of and wanting to be kind. I cheer them for their good heart. I respect them because as humans I know it would be quite difficult for me to be kind if I am consumed with hatred.

So, if you are one of those who believe you can do an act of kindness, I salute you. May you continue your good effort; may you recruit others to do small acts of kindness, may you become successful in all your effort.

Blessings to you, whoever you are.







© Copyright 2014 elephantsealer (UN: liliapadwes at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
elephantsealer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books.php/entry_id/818046