*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/816924-Writing-Nonfiction
Rated: E · Book · Entertainment · #1932477
It is a waste to ignore the musings of the mind.
#816924 added May 16, 2014 at 1:02am
Restrictions: None
Writing Nonfiction
I believe writing is the most difficult task to do, especially to a beginner. There are critiques who would put you down just because you have no degree in writing. There are those who would tell you your writing is full of "non data" or "inaccuracies" just because they think your work is not worth a read; that you are "stupid" enough to do research, and then produce your work in print. There are still others who would pretend to review your work, come up with a "fix" to your idea, and totally cross you out as someone who tries to outdo the real published writers.

I believe there are people who are aware of their "need" to let you know they can write your work much better; that however your work is as precise as the research you undertook, that you are treading into their "world", and that you should stop, look, and listen, and be aware you are NOT welcome in their part of their world. What they are actually telling you is, get off, you will never be like "us", like the "experts".

Is the writing world actually that bad? Are writers really and truly afraid of competition? Do published writers think beginners cannot write because their experience, expertise, and know-how are not EQUAL to the published writers? I feel sad to come to this conclusion.

Are published writers afraid of competition?

What is the point in writing?




© Copyright 2014 elephantsealer (UN: liliapadwes at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
elephantsealer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/816924-Writing-Nonfiction