*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2006673-A-short-story-of-mine-Part-1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by SdBurn
Rated: E · Fiction · Sci-fi · #2006673
something of of an idea that came into my brain decided to go with it.
Hello there I am new to writing.com constructive criticism is appreciated note:constructive is key.


Sam stood in the hallway staring at the piece of paper in his hand it read The Terminus Building Room 421. This must be the place he thought to himself looking at the number plate on the door in front of him and knocked. The door creaked slightly open enough for a the person behind it to peek through the open crack into the hallway. “Mr. Ruiz you called me?”
“You’re the exterminator?” Sam looked nothing like an exterminator he is tall, bald, square jawed, bearded, wearing a trench coat, jeans, and work boots with a button up shirt and tie. Sam lit a cigarette in the hallway “yeah something like that" came his reply. The door opened and Mr.Ruiz gestured for him to come in.
Inside the apartment looked completely trashed furniture had been upended, dishes, fresh holes were in the walls pottery lied on the floor broken and a faint odor still lingered in the air but Sam could not identity it.
Mr. Ruiz walked over to a chair and made it stand right side up “What the hell happened?” asked Sam.

“ A fu------ nightmare is what happened, I thought I bought a damned toy for my kids you know I thought they would get a kick out of it. I was vacationing in New Brazil I bought it from one of those small villages that the tourist love to go to and look at the funny looking people there like the ones you see on National Geographic. I came home and started unpacking the toy fell on the ground and broke open I didn't know…..” Mr Ruiz started sobbing burying his face in his hands.
“Fool’ said a disembodied female voice Mr. Ruiz looked around frantically “Did you hear that?" he asked "You heard that right im not crazy right?, did that thing make me crazy? "No trust me your not crazy" replied Sam he offered him a cigarette "Just focus on telling me what happened next."
“Next I grabbed a baseball bat and started swinging I kept missing but I kept swinging finally after a few minutes I hit the damn thing and it landed in the toilet so I flushed it.”
Sam sighed visibly “Sh---“ he said.

Sam tuned and began to walk out of the apartment Mr. Ruiz looked up and asked "Where are you going? cant you see what happened?" Sam didn't bother turning around "I know what happened you bought a box and released the creature in it now I have to find it." Sam headed outside into the cold night air he walked down the street and asked "Which way?"
A disembodied orb came out from his coat and said "straight." He continued along the street the orb following him until he reached a manhole cover "Down there" said the orb. Sam pulled the cover up with ease he pulled out a pistol and flashlight and aimed down the flashlight into the open tunnel "well time to go to work I guess" he said as he climbed down into the sewers.
© Copyright 2014 SdBurn (sdburn2000 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2006673-A-short-story-of-mine-Part-1