*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2073863-First-day
by Nish
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Reviewing · #2073863
One day which turned our way
My tummy murmured, it's neither due to hunger nor gas, but the feeling which keeps me disturbing all through the years.

It was the first day of first even semester, we were back to normal daily college life after humongous break of nearly 95 days
Thanks to the floods that destroyed our capital.( But we all regret our happiness).

New faculties, but same old introductory phase which we expected to happen but what happened really came as a horror. We were straight away driven into main syllabus and the outcome was inevitable.

All were in the drowsy state clearly depicting the true nature of high school kids. We faced those terrible time periods cautiously making sure that we shouldn't be the topic for the staffs to take advisory lecture which would irritate us evenly as the syllabus lecture is considered.

We strangely passed the day and it almost came to the last hour of the six_hour schedule that rigorously tested our patient listening skills.

It was time for the last hour ENGLISH, and the faculty who entered our class was a shocking surprise and no expected this would happen in this great ( great worse)
Day and this day can't go much worse than any.

The Head Of the Department, the man in his early forties is a symbol of questions and we hate questions.

He just got on to a table and placed his But in a sophisticated way and began with his normal accent of British English and the hot topic of today's session, which in a way turned out to be Furious debate, was the difference between Resume and curriculum vitae.


The trademark of way of pinpointing a student and asking a relevant question of teachers, was not the only missing thing. His concern for students seems to be a way over than normal and his stubborn face with Michael Angelo's beard was in grief.

He directly gave the initial process for preparing resume and curriculum vitae and deviated from the actual theme.

Finally when we decided that we were safe, a friend of mine stood offered to answer a question which was coming out of the faculty's weary mouth.

And there arouse a battle which dragged the attention of THE HOD.

Feminism, was put forward by one of the peer, there started an en route to battle.

Girls put out everything on the male chauvinistic society and even some our own gender seems to be convinced by the way the opponent fought this battle of wits.

Eventually when I was ready to give my final statement (as I saved myself for the very last, as I'm stage-feared my mind took it as an excuse to erase my guiltiness), our HOD cleared his gusty throat and made a valuable key asset to bring out the true fact beyond the fact which was believed to be true almost by all of my province.

( I am sure of what I said ' all of my province' since the last week's debate show, a show that caught the eye of all of our province and celebration of this reality debate show was at cloudnine, and the way the last week's episode ended created a wave in my mind and even I was slightly misleaded from the finale judgement they gave)

He, our HOD, gave the following truth
' In the early times, were humans still made their living in caves both male and female went for hunting and both had same level of physical and mental abilities until they carried. Aftermath of child birth things turned away and women preferred to stay in caves enjoying the luxury and the male made up their mind to hunt and gather there living. This continued as centuries passed. And now when the mind set of women changed they blame male as opinionated or chauvinistic ',

As he finished saying this the bell, which we were expecting a way before to go, clearly rang through the quiet hall and the rest was still a nightmare.......
© Copyright 2016 Nish (rnishanth at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2073863-First-day