*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2082834-Episode-1-Memories-and-Tears
Rated: 13+ · Other · Action/Adventure · #2082834
this is the first chapter or episode
Seala. March 6, 1800

Episode 1: Memories and Tears! Doing the first mission

It was a gloomy day in Seala the air was cool with sadness in the air, Daniel was standing over his fathers grave with a small tear in his eye. It's been three years since his father was killed in battle with a pirate, although the pirate is long gone he still holds a bad grudge against them. He goes to the Marine academy not only to train but to do missions, it was his fathers last wish for him to advance to sail in the skyways.



Grand General StarSwimmer runs the academy to train the future marines in battle, although he doesn't look the most fit he does have great battles under his belt. He left the lobby after talking to the king and queen of Seala, it seems that more pirates have stolen from the royal family. This time I think they have had enough of the pirates coming to their realm, they will not allow them to steal another priceless jewel from the grand chapel.


Coming to his chambers most of his students were out doing their duties, Daniel will go on is first mission today to check out the Everglade Valley. That's a small village not far from Seala so he'll do a little walking, but believe me there is a pirate causing trouble for the little village there. Calling Daniel to his office he began to tell him of this situation, it was urgent the people there were scared stiff of this person.



|Daniel today you will be going on your first mission my boy, this task you will have to deal with the pirate know as The Ripper. My other students are out hunting pirates that our criminals back at Seala, oh now that Ripper is back I don't have many students to deal with him now. I see that you are really ready to et started on this mission, if your father was here to see this he would be so proud. I understand that he got killed by a shot in the back young marine, but don't let your anger get the better of you young one. I have your partner with you his name is Chun-Hu he will aid you, I also have another friend name Madam Jeanne Stormsmith she is out there also.| Saluting to the grand general Daniel set out with his new partner in toe. Although he was a bit nervous about this mission he had to do, Daniel wanted to make his father proud that he joined the marines.

Going into the village he found the people were waiting for him, going into the town he spotted Jeanne Stormsmith standing in town looking around impatiently



|There you are I was getting worried about the grand general, well enough of this we have a lot of work to do around here. Ripper is somewhere near the coast not far from here, I know he has his men protecting the area. That place is full of pirates you'll have to do some fighting there, yet with your training at the academy I don't see a problem here. Be careful Ripper is a tricky one I can tell you that, he will do anything to win in battle when you duel him. Don't waste time now go out there and give him what for, come back to me when you defeat him. Then I shall have a little peace of mind.| Following orders he went to the coast to find Ripper's hideout. Chun-Hu was skilled with hand to hand combat Daniel can learn a thing or two, yet getting to know each other will help them create a bond like brothers.



Finally reaching the coast they noticed some ships standing at a makeshift port, Rippers here they have to be careful not to get spotted. Daniel really wants to fight them so they could feel his pain, yet Chun-Hu want Daniel to cool down before their battle. He was told about his past by the grand general, how is father died was quite gruesome indeed. You see his father Andrew Willowsmith went to the academy as well, for many years he was a great warrior fighting to keep Seala safe from pirates. One day he got a mission from the grand general to help out a friend, Deacon was captured by a pirate when is ship got surprised attacked by it's crew. Andrew was sent to rescue his good friend from those fiends, little did he know that this would be the last time they would ever meet. The air was quite cool with gloom and sorrow within it, Andrew wasn't afraid to die nor what waits for him beyond the worlds. The only thing he was worry about was his friend Deacon getting destroyed by the pirates captain, yes this captain was the father of the swashbuckler we will meet later on in the story.



Andrew came to the ship seeing the pirate in his sights, his crew was fearsome indeed he had to be very careful with this fight. With the help of his brigade he was able to take out the other ones, the pirate was only one left to deal with now. Going to free Deacon the pirate had another gun under his vest, with quick speed he shot Andrew in the back finishing him for good. Not before Deacon did finished him off for killing his friend, the deacon returned to tell the news to the grand general. Daniel was young at the time ready to sign up for the academy, the general had to tell the sad news to his mother. Crying she pleaded with him not to join the marines and stay, she didn't want to see Daniel die the same way her father did. Yet the general told her that join the marines would honor his father greatly, Daniel agreed to honor his father by joining the marines and making him proud.

Now that you know most about his past we shall continue, Daniel and Chun-Hu snuck into the camp not to get spotted by the others. Once they go there they noticed that they have to fight a few of them to get by, Daniel was a leadsmen he carried a sword just in case to fend off those who chase him. These guys were tough yet not so bad for them to handle, Chun-Nu was able to toss a few of them into each other with ease. He's was skilled in the fighting style of the crane, yet he still doesn't know much and trains everyday with his master. With them out of the way finding Ripper would be simpler now, going down the shore they found a ship looking a bit empty. This had to be his ship so they went inside to arrest him, yet they had no idea how good he is by his fighting.



|Hold on there I wouldn't venture in there if I were you sonny, you maybe a marine yet you have know idea how strong he is. The names Richard Steelwright I no pirate young man just a sword fighting who likes a good fight, let me help you out with Ripper in there I have a beef with him myself if you didn't know it. Trust me you'll need all the help you can get from me buddy, come on we shouldn't be out here looking like were visiting him.| Going inside they saw Ripper standing with a bunch of his crew with him. Daniel and his partner Chun-Nu thought they were in deep trouble, however Richard told them that his crew are cowards by nature. Once Ripper was out they would go running like a pack of wolves, so taking Ripper out would be the first thing on their mind.

As the fighting started it was obvious that Daniel was still training, even though he has a sword doesn't mean it makes him great. His father once told him that "a sword doesn't make you a good warrior, having a good strategy will help you learn to be one." Remembering those words help him fight Ripper right now, yet when his sword got knocked out he was in trouble. Even though he could get it back he'll get hit from behind, luckily Chun-Hu was able to deliver a knockout blow to him. going up to him they tied him up so he couldn't get away this time.



|Ripper, by the law of his majesty you are here by under arrest. Get up you have a meeting with the grand general my friend, and he isn't giving you a afternoon tea time either.| picking him up they took him to Jeanne Stormsmith she was one of the grand generals assistance. The other men took them to the grand general to prepare for his trial, once the grand general got a hold of him he talked Daniel about the good work he's done today.

|Well done Daniel now that Ripper is taken care of he wont be stealing again, although you took out your first pirate doesn't me the rest will go that way. I can tell you that there are many pirates out there way strong than he was, always keep a sharp eye out for any threats that come your way. Oh Jeanne Stormsmith ask if she can join your crew my boy, it would be wise to add her to your ranks Daniel now. Every marine captain needs a marksmen to help with enemies from a long distance, Jeanne is the best one marksmen we have at the academy. Look at you your father would be so proud of you right now, I know he's looking down at this glorious moment. You will get a ship from me to sail across the skyways with now, however you need your rest Ripper did nick you a good bit of times. I should know that it's never a good idea to send a injured warrior into battle, get some sleep for tonight you shall need it.| Saluting Daniel and his crew rest for tonight

((End of Flashback))

Patrick was reading the first piece from his great grandfathers diary, he was pretty amped to continue reading to the next page. Jonathon came into the room looking at his son eyes as they grew with excitement.

|So I see you like the diary you haven't put it down since I gave it too you, however if you don't like old stories you can give it back to me son. I'll-| He was cut short by Patrick that moment.

|No father I don't want to give it back the diary now, I cant stop reading it the fighting was cool. Yet the part about his father was quite sad when I look at it, I didn't know his father was a marine as well. I guess back then it was too dangerous to turn your back on anyone, can I read more?| His father nodded at his son as he turned the page to the net chapter. What will happen in the old times we don't know for sure, perhaps waiting might be the best thing to do.





© Copyright 2016 Sweetie T's (bubblecub123 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2082834-Episode-1-Memories-and-Tears