*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1000141-Send-me-a-Gift
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#1000141 added December 12, 2020 at 11:16pm
Restrictions: None
Send me a Gift
12. Pointsettia Day
According to Mexican folklore, there is a story of a little poor girl who had nothing to bring to church for Christmas. On her way to church, she picked some plants by the side of the road. As she entered the church, the leaves at the tips of the branches turned into bright, brilliant red flowers. You guessed it... Poinsettias.
Write anything you like about Poinsettias.

I know Poinsettia are poison to your pets.*Poison* And you can get them to bloom again if you put them in a dark room. And they grow wild in a temperate climate. And they are very pretty. And they are usually in the front of church in December. That’s pretty much it.

So of course, I had to investigate this further. Because the uneducated mind is a terrible thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poinsettia

But the trick here in Montana if you buy a live plant around the Christmas holiday is getting it home. From store to car to house. Somewhere in the transfer it’ll get a blast of arctic air. So I just enjoy pictures of them. Unless someone wants to send me one. Is FTD still in business?

Message me. I’ll send you my address. I’ll send you a Christmas card.

© Copyright 2020 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1000141-Send-me-a-Gift