*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1000186-Letting-Go-of-the-Past
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · How-To/Advice · #2237502
After divorce came new issues. So, I wanted to give advice to other Australian men.
#1000186 added December 14, 2020 at 2:04am
Restrictions: None
Letting Go of the Past
How can you let go of the past? This is not an easy thing to do, but it is one of the most important things you will do moving forward.

FORGIVE...it is that simple.

Carrying around anger or hate is going to affect your future happiness, even if you don't recognise or see it in your day to day life. It does not mean you have to approach your ex and tell them you forgive them. In fact, that is probably not the way to go.

It's also a good idea to forgive yourself, as guilt can be detrimental to your future happiness and is the final piece of the puzzle to fit in place as you let go of your old life and embrace your new one. This process can take time, especially if you have kids. There will be new challenges as the weeks and months pass, bringing along new issues that must be dealt with, and so, it is an ongoing process.
© Copyright 2020 Dr Gonzo (UN: neilfury at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dr Gonzo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1000186-Letting-Go-of-the-Past