*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1000292-Cats-heard-us-they-got-a-day
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#1000292 added December 15, 2020 at 7:23pm
Restrictions: None
Cats heard us, they got a day
15. Cat Herder's Day
Ya, good luck with that.

Herding cats. Kind of like getting toddlers all in a row, and then getting them ready for bed. Or juggling ping pong balls. It is an impossible task.

I read about ‘cat herder’s day’. Seems it is to honor those that excel at an impossible task. Well, sign me up. I have excelled at so many. Where is my National Norma Day?

Norma is an old-fashioned name. You don’t hear it much. Unusual. I was teased in school. Normal, abnormal. I’ve heard them all. But my hubby calls me NormaJean. That I like.

SO, back on topic. We know that dogs *Dog2* are wonderful, our friends. But cats *Cat* have staff. They expect us to wait on them.

I had a great dog. Her name was Bonnie. She’s been gone for over a year now. Bonnie didn’t expect you to wait on her. She waited for you. Bonnie never was around cats. She tried to get close to some, but never figured them out.

But I had a great cat once. She was given to me by a coworker. She was a calico. I was single at that time. She slept with me. And if I remember right, liked to sleep on my head. But somehow that didn’t annoy me. In fact, she didn’t bother me much. Didn’t claw the furniture. Didn’t climb the curtains. Didn’t meow all hours of the day and night. Just was a delight. When I moved and couldn’t take her to the new place, she went with my son. He eventually gave her to his mother-in-law. This cat lived to be about twenty years old. She didn’t have a name when she lived with me. Just called her ‘cat’.

All cats should take a lesson from her. Live long and prosper. *Peace*


© Copyright 2020 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1000292-Cats-heard-us-they-got-a-day