*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1000534-Will-The-Story-Continue-in-My-Dreams
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#1000534 added December 20, 2020 at 2:53am
Restrictions: None
Will The Story Continue in My Dreams
It's late about half-past midnight and I just finished writing for a prompt in the Newsfeed, "Saturday Night Horror Prompt". Maybe writing something like this wasn't the best idea this late at night.

The bit I wrote is good, perhaps the making of a good horror story someday. Even after I posted it, ideas began working in my brain on how to develop this item into a full short story. That's the problem, my brain never shuts down. I know it's going to keep working around while I fall asleep. The question now is, "Will the story unfold in all its gore and horror in a nightmare?"

It wouldn't be the first time I've done this, worked on a horror story before going to bed, and then having the story become real within my dreams. In fact, there's one case that the nightmare it generated woke me and I got up and finished the story, based on my dream. Then, once done, I returned to bed only to have the same nightmare all over again.

If it does, perhaps I'll be up most of the night writing out a short story about a Christmas horror. Well, if the dream wakes me, if it doesn't I hope I can remember enough to write down some notes on it when I wake in the morning.

But, I prefer not to have this nightmare materialize, so I'll finish up with something happy.

We, my wife, both daughters, and I, went shopping and finished up our Christmas shopping except for the girls who still want to get a gift for a friend. After we grabbed a bit to eat and then drove over and surprised my mother-in-law. We also brought her Christmas present over for her. She opened it right away, as we had planned, and almost started crying.

A few weeks back, she asked if I could change the light in her microwave, it had burned out. The microwave was old, bought in the late eighties. I was surprised to see it was that old when I took the information off the tag on the back. I was even more surprised that it still worked at all. But, it was getting tired, taking about three minutes to heat a cup of water for tea. I knew it wouldn't last much longer, and with the extended time to heat things and just being that old, I'm sure it was costing a lot just to run the thing. It was also huge, taking up a lot of her limited counter space.

My wife and I had talked it over and decided that she really needed a new one. But, we also knew she would have a lot of difficulties trying t figure out anything fancy. We looked around and couldn't find anything that looked right for her, so I looked online and found the perfect microwave for her. My wife agreed it was just the right one.

I looked on Amazon and they had it, so we ordered it for her and it arrived a couple of days ago. It's plenty big enough inside for her needs, it has 1200 watts of cooking power, and it only has one knob. All she has to do is put the item in and set the timer until it's done. She tried it out right away with a cup of water and was overjoyed by how quickly it heated. From tap to just right for tea in forty-five seconds. And, the timer illuminates as you turn the dial, so it's very easy for her to see, given in the gloom if she doesn't turn the kitchen light on.

We visited for a few hours then came home. Once we were home, my wife called her to let her know we were home safe and found out that she was making a cup of hot chocolate to enjoy before bed. She had also taken out some frozen leftovers and heated up an evening snack and thanked us again for the gift. I think the microwave is going to get a lot of use. It not only heats her food and beverages, but I think with every use, it will warm her heart as well.

© Copyright 2020 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1000534-Will-The-Story-Continue-in-My-Dreams