*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1001011-Full-Moon-and-Cincy-Trivia
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#1001011 added December 29, 2020 at 5:40pm
Restrictions: None
Full Moon and Cincy Trivia
29. December Full Moon (aka Cold Moon
Write something about the full moon.

It is beautifully wonderfully full. You can almost imagine the man in the moon. When I left church last night after our radio broadcast we commented on the full moon. You could almost imagine ‘the man in the moon’.

Procter & Gamble had a cool trademark with the man in the moon, until some numbnuts decided it was satanic. Whatever. People will find any reason to think something is evil. They’d had that trademark for decades. Procter & Gamble logo

I lived near Cincinnati for a time. Even worked downtown some. It is a nice city, right on the Ohio River. It has quite a history. And P&G is a big part of that history.

Ivory soap, Crest toothpaste, Tide, Charmin, Pampers = any of those items ring a bell? All made by P&G. Headquartered in the Ivory Towers downtown.

Cincinnati was known as ‘Porkopolis’ back in the 1800’s. They were a big hog butchering town. And now they have ‘Flying Pigs’ to commemorate that history. I was in Cincinnati when they erected the statues in a riverside park. Fun. the flying pig in Cincinnati Plus they have riverboats.

And the coolest name for a bank. 5th Third. So the name Fifth Third was chosen over Third Fifth out of deference to the growing temperance movement at the time. Ha. That's pretty funny.

Oh, and Cincinnati chili - can't forget that. What makes it different is the way the meat is cooked. Cincinnati Chili has a thinner consistency and is prepared with an unusual blend of spices that includes cinnamon, chocolate or cocoa, allspice, and Worcestershire. This is truly the unofficial grub of Cincinnati. When I lived there, I had to eat that about once a month. It is served over spaghetti with lots of yellow shredded cheese on top. Or on a hot dog. Truly an acquired taste.

So, when are you going on a road trip? Cincy here we come!







Queen Norma Jean *Crown*

New Image for the 30DBC

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.



© Copyright 2020 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1001011-Full-Moon-and-Cincy-Trivia