*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1001084-Jane-Austen-Quote-On-Letter-Writing
Rated: ASR · Book · Contest Entry · #1973909
Stories and other items for Valentines Day, Victorian Romance and Jane Austen Writing.
#1001084 added December 30, 2020 at 7:22pm
Restrictions: None
Jane Austen Quote On Letter Writing
Prompt: "Everybody allows that the talent of writing agreeable letters is pecullarly female. Jane Austen

I think females write good letters and they aren't always agreeable. It would depend on whom the letter was written to and the subject content. Being a writer does give you the talent to write good letters and it is an art in itself. Now, we text and email and don't take the time to write letters but we should. Males can write good letters as well. Jane had a talent for letter writing. She wrote to family members and friends a lot. Keeping in touch with family was important to her. I like female novel writers better then then men but men are good letter writers. Females and males writing letters to each other wasn't always agreeable if they were breaking up or writing about other problems in their relationships. These needed to be addressed personally not with letters. That applies to today as well. Breaking up with a text or on facebook, well, that is tacky. Back in Jane's time, letter writing was how things were done. Sadly, it wasn't always agreeable.





© Copyright 2020 Princess Megan Rose 22 Years (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose 22 Years has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1001084-Jane-Austen-Quote-On-Letter-Writing