*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1002692-Once-Again-Plans-Are-Changed
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#1002692 added January 24, 2021 at 1:28am
Restrictions: None
Once Again, Plans Are Changed
We had a change of plans today; actually, a couple of changes. The first, at the last minute, was my younger daughter's plan to stay at a friend's overnight. It was set up earlier this week, originally for Friday and Saturday. But, because my wife had tested positive for Covid, we talked to the friend's mom and let her know how everything was going, that my wife was done with the quarintine starting today, and let her decide from there. After all, we don't want to get anyone sick, and we firmly believe everyone has their choice to make.

The friend's mom decided to stay on the safe side and changed the sleepover until tonight. Today, however, she was still concerned about exposure, so she cancelled out. Of course, we understand and support her, but for our daughter, it's still difficult to deal with. She did better than we expected, but we still decided to make it up to her by spoiling her a bit. She got to pick out some chips and pop, some candy, and rent any movie she wanted. She also got to stay up late, and just went to bed a few minutes ago, reading for a bit before she falls asleep.

We had decided to let the older girl stay overnight at a friends house as well since it would provide my wife and I some time alone, something we have not had in months. That sleepover did work out, but it didn't help us any with the younger girl stuck at home with us. We didn't make any plans except to just stay home and enjoy the day and night alone, but still, it was a bummer for us, too. I was trying to remember the last time my wife and I had a night without the girls, but I can't remember the last time.

We had also planned on cleaning out the laundry center and putting up more shelves, but I just wasn't feeling up to it today. I am doing better than yesterday, but not feeling like doing anything strenuous yet. I still get a bit dizzy from time to time, I'm a bit sensitive to bright light, and my head is still very sore. I have quite a bruise at the point of impact, and I'm still having pretty bad headaches. I really whacked it hard, and it's likely going to take a few days to get back to normal.

© Copyright 2021 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1002692-Once-Again-Plans-Are-Changed