*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1002861-Down-the-Rabbit-Hole-The-Antipathies
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2242383
WDC's Wonderland Activity Writing
#1002861 added March 9, 2021 at 10:14pm
Restrictions: None
Down the Rabbit Hole: The Antipathies
Prompt
2. "The Antipathies" – Alice believed she would meet these folks who walk with their heads downward if she keeps falling. Write your own adventure of discovering such a place. (<1000 words)

In one of the early seasons of the show "So You Think You Can Dance" there was a contestant that had the ability to manipulate his body in such a way that it seemed like he didn't have any bones. He would elastically contort himself into the shape of a staircase bending his legs, stomach and chest at unreal angles. Then when you thought he couldn't twist his body any further... he would stretch out his neck and bend his head upward to create the final step. He said that he wasn't double jointed and didn't possess any other genetic physical abilities from a normal person but he moved and controlled his body so effortlessly and fluidly that he seemed like a jellyfish gracefully wriggling in the ocean. It was both eerie and beautiful to watch at the same time.

The excerpt from Alice in Wonderland made me imagine a Dance studio as a world that messes with your mind. A place where dancers set up their own rules contorting their bodies, standing on their heads and alternate their movements to the tempo of the music.

-*Castle*
Word Count: 192 words

© Copyright 2021 KingsSideCastle (UN: kingscastle1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
KingsSideCastle has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1002861-Down-the-Rabbit-Hole-The-Antipathies