*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1002990-Advice-From-a-Caterpillar-The-Mushroom
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2242383
WDC's Wonderland Activity Writing
#1002990 added March 9, 2021 at 10:29pm
Restrictions: None
Advice From a Caterpillar: The Mushroom
A Psychedelic Trip

Has anyone seen the Movie Pleasantville or more recently the series WandaVision? One of the central themes in both involves 'Modern Day characters' traveling to the world of black and white 1950's and 60's sitcoms. It would be interesting to have a Caterpillar mushroom explore that idea. Whether it was realistic of the decade that these sitcoms were set or not, there is an innocence to older sitcoms that you don't see in modern times. People are a little bit more cynical these days and the idea that problems could be solved in 30 minutes or less seems pretty corny now. Still its hard not to envy older sitcom characters.

Imagine nibbling one end of a mushroom and everything changes around you. Like a chessboard the world becomes a black and white place. People around you seem so much friendlier and you're greeted with smiles by all your neighbors. Problems exist but they are solved quickly in hilarious fashion. Gosh golly gee... Doesn't that sounds really swell? Of course people need realism too. A bite of the the other side of the mushroom would bring you down to earth. Color returns to the world and everything becomes more complex. You're left to confront the challenges that everyday life offers not necessarily knowing whether you would succeed or not.
-*Castle*

Word Count: 237 words
Chess References this entry: 1
Total Chess References in book: 8

Prompt
1. "The Mushroom" - Stumbling upon the Caterpillar's mushroom, you've been advised that eating either side changes you in some form. Write about what sort of changes you'd experience after each bite. (<1000 words)

© Copyright 2021 KingsSideCastle (UN: kingscastle1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
KingsSideCastle has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1002990-Advice-From-a-Caterpillar-The-Mushroom