*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1003147-B---Pool-of-Tears---3-Alices-Right-Foot
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2242515
This is where you will find all the Wonderland Contest items.
#1003147 added January 29, 2021 at 11:59am
Restrictions: None
B - Pool of Tears - #3 Alice's Right Foot


#3 "Alice's Right Foot"



My Missing Member
For days I’ve been missing you. I took you off to clean you and now I can’t find you anywhere.

How can you lose a finger? I mean, this is serious. You rotten finger. I should give you the finger. But how can I? You are now missing.

I lay down and thought. Thought hard and long. Where did I last use my middle finger?

It held my ring. But the silver ring I found at the renaissance faire is still in my drawer. I wore that ring for twenty years. I’m glad I took it off to polish it lately. When was that?

I had a manicure last week. Surely Mandy would have said something if a finger was missing. She’s a friend and we talk the entire time she’s doing the mani. I know she would’ve asked if I’d had an accident.

My crochet project needed a finger to get the hooking done. Surely I would have noticed it. I used that finger to help with tension on the yarn.

So far, I’ve accounted for a few weeks. So it has to have happened in the last week. Then I remembered. It had to have happened when I walked the dog.

Buddy the dog and I walked our usual route. She took off after a squirrel. The leash wrapped around my arm. I fell, the arm kept going.

So, my finger went with the arm. Mystery solved. I now know where my finger is. It went with my hand, with my arm, to the hospital when my husband took me to the E.R.

I know my arm is here with my hand, but my finger is all that is missing. I think they call that a ‘phantom limb’ sensation. I’ll keep looking for my finger. It’s here somewhere. When I find it, then I’ll figure out how to attach it to my phantom hand.

I’ll try to figure this out while I lay in the hospital bed. They say I’ll be here a few more days.

W/C 339




















© Copyright 2021 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1003147-B---Pool-of-Tears---3-Alices-Right-Foot