*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1003201-The-Queens-Croquet-Ground-The-Kings-Mercy
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2242383
WDC's Wonderland Activity Writing
#1003201 added March 9, 2021 at 10:47pm
Restrictions: None
The Queens Croquet Ground: The King's Mercy
Avoiding Pun-ishment

If it would please you your Majesty... The prospect of having my head cut off isn't really that appealing. I am sort of attached to it. I know her Majesty the Queen may have found offense with a pun or two in some of the entries prior to this one but some of them were pretty good were they not? No? Oh c'mon... awful is a little bit harsh don't you think?

*Gulp*

Please give me another chance. I know that her majesty the queen already decided this sentence prior to trial but this story is on Writing.com... sentences are changed here everyday.

Oh thank you. Thank you so much. No more puns in the future? Ok I understand. Take heart... this poor chess player will keep himself in check. I may not be a royal like the two of you but I'll do my best to reign it in.
-*Castle*



Author Note: Apologies for using the same heading as the previous entry. I know that it doesn't really go with this one but given the potential outcome of this particular activity, it seemed like it might have been a bad omen to change it beforehand.

Word Count: 213 Words
Chess References This Entry: 1
Total Chess References in Book: 16

Prompt
2. “The King's Mercy” - You’ve been ordered to be executed by the Queen of Hearts. Make your case to the King on why you shouldn’t have your head chopped off for whatever crime you’ve committed. (<500 words)

© Copyright 2021 KingsSideCastle (UN: kingscastle1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
KingsSideCastle has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1003201-The-Queens-Croquet-Ground-The-Kings-Mercy