*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1003481-Ash-Wenesday-February-17
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2235304
A book to keep track of bible studies and other spiritual wisdoms.
#1003481 added February 2, 2021 at 10:52am
Restrictions: None
Ash Wenesday February 17
He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities." (Isaiah 53:11, KJV)

How could an eternity of debt be expunged by Jesus, the Christ, during a finite number of hours, during one weekend 2000 years ago? (This one is fairly easy to answer. Just respond using the flawless Character of our loving Lord as your tool.)

[Preferred Author [#4000] Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.]


Humans have always used scapegoats to try to put bad conduct onto innocents. It started with Adam and Eve: Genesis 3:9-13. Up to that point God had a personal relationship with each of them. Because of some ancient laws we have not been shown; Blood sacrifice is the only atonement.

Our God takes no pleasure in blood sacrifice. But, the life is in the Blood is a biblical fact. Ancient people knew the logic of death when blood drained from the body.

A reference from Google:

The Book of Leviticus portrays God's provision for man's need, because blood sacrifice is the basis for Levitical worship. ... When they repent of their sin, God remembers His covenant blood sacrifices with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
{link:The Significance of Blood Sacrifice in the Old Testament
www.ajol.info › index.php › afrrev › article › view
PDF}

The sacrificial object had to be perfect, without flaws in physical body and heart response-an innocent.This lays the scene for the entry of God himself in human form onto the earth. From birth to death and resurrection, suffering as an innocent for us, because we in our flawed form, cannot even redeem ourselves. There is only one accurate scapegoat. Jesus. Breaking the bonds of sin and death.

PS: I tried to make this link work but apparently haven't put things in the right order.Nevertheless if you are interested in the PDF article you should be able to find it from Google or www.ajol.info>index.php>afrrey>article>viewPDF

Stay safe and warm. *FlowerR* Easter is on its' way.










apondia#1781748



















apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2021 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1003481-Ash-Wenesday-February-17