*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1003851-What-Do-I-See-in-the-Mirror
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2243707
Welcome to my blog: I intend to share heartfelt writing about anything that comes to mind.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1003851 added February 6, 2021 at 2:49pm
Restrictions: None
What Do I See in the Mirror?
I have been thinking a lot lately about what kind of legacy I will leave behind. I have known 3 people this week who have died, and a 4th one is going on hospice today. In a couple hours, I will be watching the funeral of one of them.

I wanted to start a personal blog that I can share with others. I desire to share thoughts, feelings, personal beliefs, experiences, things I learn, opinions, and reflections on what I see in the mirror.

As a Christian, my goal is to reflect the Christ in me so others can see him. I have a physical reflection and a spiritual one. This is a good place to examine myself and come up with solutions to fix the problems I see in myself.

This is also a great opportunity to share things I learn as I walk with God in prayer and daily devotions. I can share Bible studies and write my own personal thoughts or devotions.

I can write letters to the mirror and to myself or others. I can share my ideas or other things about myself. I can share all kinds of different personal reflections about countless topics.

I hope you will learn and grow with me as a person and/or a Christian. I hope you will be encouraged, motivated, and inspired by what you read in my blog. I welcome comments, thoughts, and opinions as we journey through this life together.

Today, I see my reflection in the mirror. What and who do I see?

Physically, I see a woman. She is beautiful even though she has flaws. She is strong because she has been through a lot. She is able to smile in spite of the pain. She tends to try to hide her emotions even though sometimes they show on her face. She sees things she would like to improve in herself. She also sees things she must accept because she cannot change them. She doesn’t always like what she sees, but is willing to change the things she can. She knows what she wants to be. She is able to fake self confidence when she feels so very insecure about a lot of things inside.

Spiritually, I see a woman who loves her God. She has committed sins she hopes no one ever finds out about. She has tried to set things straight with herself and others. She has judged herself harshly as have other people. She fights the voice that tells her she isn’t good enough or smart enough or strong enough or experienced enough or that she just isn’t enough. She also fights to be a good person even though the voice says she isn’t. She had hated herself for a very long time, even to the point of feeling suicidal. She has fought hard to learn to love herself and others the way Jesus loves them. She makes it a priority to spend time with God in prayer and devotion because she knows what it is like to live life without that relationship.

© Copyright 2021 Marvelous Friend (UN: pickmarvilla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Marvelous Friend has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1003851-What-Do-I-See-in-the-Mirror