*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1004056-Feb-9th-Scars---Papa-Roach
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#1004056 added February 9, 2021 at 9:32am
Restrictions: None
Feb 9th Scars - Papa Roach
Soundtrack of my Life
Feb 9th Scars - Papa Roach

This challenge is supposed to reflect the soundtrack of a person's life. A life is full of the bad and good moments that make up the journey. I have songs that help me celebrate my blessings and others than remind of the painful moments. It is in the process of remembering the pain that I can appreciate the things I have overcome. This song is here primarily because it represents one of those low points in my life and a very difficult decision I had to make for myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHbNU9WuVgw

I spent five years of my life with an alcoholic who fought through a life-saving surgery only to relapse less than a year later. I had to come to the sad realization that he was not going to get the help he needed. I had to stop letting back in, tearing open scars once they'd finally healed over and over again until I had nothing left. Leaving him finally, turning my back on the dreams we had together, was the most heartbreaking and difficult thing I ever had to do. That time represents so much of what has gone into making me the person I am today. Years later, my life is full of love and promise but this song reminds me what I had to live through to appreciate those things today. The lyrics to this song reflect those struggles and emotions that come from loving an addict and finding yourself on the other side.

© Copyright 2021 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1004056-Feb-9th-Scars---Papa-Roach