*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1004103-Chapter-1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Supernatural · #2243953
A world where humans and beasts live separately until a human crosses the boundaries.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1004103 added February 9, 2021 at 6:44pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 1
"I'm gonna get ya," I sang skipping through the dark streets of the city. A human had found their way into the City of Beasts. Humans are unwelcome here, I dragged my claws into the brickwork of the buildings and growled deeply, how we ever lived alongside these filthy humans was beyond me. I was apart of a blood-thirsty pack we had no mercy for humans they were meat to us. Drool poured from my lips as the scent of the human became stronger.

They sprinted through the alleyway of souls, the glowing ghosts gripped at the person but disappeared as I stalked through. Their whimpers and thumping heart rate was music to my ears. I chuckled and splashed through the puddle of the blood of a recent vampires kill, they weren't going to be the only ones feeding tonight. The hunt ran across the road disrupting the traffic, with one bound I landed on the bonnet of a car and caught up.

The young, innocent mouse glanced back at me. It tripped over and screamed as a zombie couple hobbled towards it, I pushed them out of the way taking the zombie's arm with my grip. "Sorry," I called and threw his arm back to him. The poor mouse ran into a wall, "end of the line," I transformed my paws and walked on all fours, I pinned my ears and lifted my lips over pink gums. As I got closer the mouse looked for a way out, it leapt onto the bin next to it and before I could swipe at it it evaded my grip. I leapt onto the wall with ease.

I threw my head back howling in frustration, it was not unusual to hear the howl of a wolf of a night. I jumped down and continued to stalk the frightened mouse, my nose pressed to the ground, "I'm going to enjoy gutting you, little mouse," I growled, I paused with one paw raised they had cut themselves and the smell of their blood wafted deep into my nostrils, I rolled my eyes and huffed. 'The hunt is on.' I thought quickening my pace and wagging my tail.

The little mouse was running deeper and deeper into the city. But I suddenly lost its trail until I received a tip-off from one of the drinking cat ladies in the Dr. Frankenstein bar that my trail hadn't run dry. "Good luck with the hunt," she called as I left. I nodded and walked back out onto the streets. To us beasts humans were nothing more than vermin who needed to be exterminated. It ran into the cemetery where the dancing skeletons stopped and stared at the mouse. I ran through them knocking them over like skittles.

"Stupid mutt!" One of the skulls called, because I was focused I chose to ignore it. The mouse ran through the cemetery and out of the other side. It ran into the underbelly where humans were secretly traded, however, there was a bust happening tonight unluckily for me. The frightened mouse ran into one of the police, he was a great black Minotaur, a gold ring through his nose. It stopped as it recognized the uniform, probably similar to something that it had in its own world.

"C...Can you help me?" It stuttered, the officer looked at me.

"Come with me," he said and guided the frightened mouse away. My pursuit was over and so I retreated melting into the shadows of the streets.

© Copyright 2021 Raven Valentino (UN: sylvanas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Raven Valentino has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1004103-Chapter-1