*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1004244-Feb-11th---Power-of-Two-Indigo-Girls
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#1004244 added February 11, 2021 at 11:52am
Restrictions: None
Feb 11th - Power of Two, Indigo Girls
Soundtrack of my Life Challenge
Feb 11th Power of Two - Indigo Girls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj0yVN8pFNw

I discovered the Indigo Girls in college and this song is one of my favorites. In college I also met one of my closest and dearest friends. This song feels like our personal mantra. We might have been polar opposites but we were always there for each other with the exact balm or remedy for what ever ailed us. It has been one of the cornerstone relationships of my life, she's been there for all the best and worst times. Our lives have taken very different paths but we reconnect as easily as we did in the days when we shared an address.

She is very much on my mind these days. She just lost her dad a few days ago and I've been aching for her. They were close. He was the stand-in Dad for all her college roommates, a great guy who was always there will a corny joke and a home cooked meal. He was her biggest fan and I can still hear them singing show tunes around the table. COVID is keeping me from being their for her in all the ways I normally would be. It compounds the loss and the pain on so many levels. This song makes me feel closer to her, and I hope she gets the good vibes and prayers I am sending her today and always as she navigates this difficult time.

© Copyright 2021 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1004244-Feb-11th---Power-of-Two-Indigo-Girls