*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1004689-Failure-Is-Not-an-Option
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2243707
Welcome to my blog: I intend to share heartfelt writing about anything that comes to mind.
#1004689 added February 17, 2021 at 3:03pm
Restrictions: None
Failure Is Not an Option
Take Up Your Cross


Prompt:
If Eternity with Jesus is the Lord's chosen position for every Christian, then is failure actually an option for any part of His Bride? We may grieve over things we have been unable to accomplish in this life, but if Eternity is eternal, then is it possible for any of us to fail to do what the Lord has Sovereignly-chosen for our talents to accomplish?

"For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance." (Romans 11:29, KJV)

Answer:
God never fails. He accomplishes everything he sets out to accomplish.

Isaiah 55:6-11
6 Seek ye the Lord while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:
7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.
8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.
9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
10 For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:
11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

On the other hand, it is us who fail. Yes, we fail all the time. I think it is possible that we can fail to reach our full potential due to sin. We can fail to accomplish what God wants us to accomplish. However, God’s will never fails. He is sovereign. I think of the following passage.

2 Corinthians 12:6-10
6 For though I would desire to glory, I shall not be a fool; for I will say the truth: but now I forbear, lest any man should think of me above that which he seeth me to be, or that he heareth of me.
7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.
8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

God’s strength is made perfect in weakness. We have hope and purpose even in our greatest failures. All praise and glory be given unto God the Father!

FORUM
Take up Your Cross  (E)
This will be a daily blog forum.
#2225667 by Chris Breva


—————————————————————————————————————
Gratitude List


1. Hope in Jesus
2. Love of God
3. My dog
4. Shelter from the cold
5. Running water
6. Indoor heat
7. Electricity
8. Roommate with a good income
9. Ability to rest and heal
10. Close friends and family
—————————————————————————————————————-
Today, I just want to give God some praise. He has been so good to me. He has provided all I have needed and then some. He has provided warm clothes, shelter, running water, heat, food to eat, and safety throughout this cold winter storm. We have electricity and our internet. We take so many things for granted. God watches over us and protects us and blesses us even in difficult times. What an awesome God I serve!

© Copyright 2021 Marvelous Friend (UN: pickmarvilla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Marvelous Friend has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1004689-Failure-Is-Not-an-Option