*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1005001-Feb-19th-Entry-13---Wait-for-It-Hamilton-Leslie-Odom-Jr
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#1005001 added February 22, 2021 at 10:49am
Restrictions: None
Feb 19th Entry 13 - Wait for It, Hamilton, Leslie Odom Jr
Soundtrack of My Life
Feb 19th, Entry 13
Wait For It - Hamilton, Leslie Odom Jr

I was a late comer to "Hamilton" fever. In the early days of pandemic, my family was one of the thousands who were lucky enough to experience Hamilton live on Disney+. All of us were immediately hooked by the music, by the performance and by the story that took familiar characters from the history books and brought them to life with pulse and music, clever story-telling and some of the most compelling stage performances I've ever seen. My ten year old daughter was transfixed from the first chords. She has likely watched it now over eighteen times and regularly blasts the soundtrack in the shower. Hamilton transcends, it captivates and it moves you. It is very hard to pick a favorite song or vocal performance but Leslie Odom Jr is an absolute master of his craft and that is never more apparent than during his performance of "Wait for It".

Lin-Manual Miranda crafted a song captures Burr's struggles and conflicts that builds at just the right moment. It gives Odom Jr a chance to deliver Burr to the audience with all his complexities and glory. There are by far many, many great performances among this original cast but this one, in my opinion, is one of the very best for Odom Jr. If you've not seem Hamilton, I can not recommend it strongly enough. It is truly amazing. I wish I could have found a link that would have had both the original audio and visual of the stage performance but I had to settle for the audio of the original cast performance. I also included another version that is also very good and gives just a hint of Odom Jr's amazing stage performance capabilities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulsLI029rH0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9AyO8h2I0k

© Copyright 2021 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1005001-Feb-19th-Entry-13---Wait-for-It-Hamilton-Leslie-Odom-Jr