*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1005761-And-The-List-Grows
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#1005761 added March 3, 2021 at 11:46pm
Restrictions: None
And The List Grows
Barely made it in here today, only a half-hour left.

I had another busy day. It was super nice again, almost forty degrees out. The snow is melting fast and it's making a mess with all the ice build-up we had this winter. We would get some warmer weather and things would melt, but then it would turn cold and create a lot of ice. The end result is a lot of ice-damns so no place for the run-off to drain and with the ground still frozen, it pools up, refreezes, and backs up even more.

So, with the thawing temperatures, I've been shoveling back some of the snow and chipping away at the ice. I'm talking six to eight inches of ice build-up in places, especially where the house and garage roofs drain. I saw yesterday that we had water backing up into the garage, and of course, it's cold enough at night to refreeze, which freezes the overhead door down

In the process of it trying to open, the opener has bent a couple of the supports on the door, so today I set about straightening them and trying to reinforce them a bit. I managed to get them pretty straight and hopefully reinforced enough to hold, but if not, I'll have to go pick up some angled steel and reinforce them more. Once that was done, the next logical task was to try and get some of the ice and snow back from the doorway. I managed to get about four feet cleared out, but the melting is still draining towards the garage. I also trenched a bit so that the majority of the water drained into the yard, but the ground is frozen too hard to trench it properly.

It's good for now, but it's looking like I have a few projects to work on besides the current list. Now, just waiting for the ground to unthaw so I can get started. I also have to replace some deck boards, but that will wait for warmer weather still.

© Copyright 2021 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1005761-And-The-List-Grows