*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1006406-The-Ideas-of-March
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#1006406 added March 15, 2021 at 12:01am
Restrictions: None
The Ideas of March
Oh, wait, that's supposed to be "Ides," not "Ideas."

Here's the thing: I've been up way longer than usual at the moment; I've had a couple of beers, and I've been busy doing stuff all day. So I'm a little burned out.

I pick articles at random to feature here. As luck would have it, just now, my usually friendly random number generator had a good laugh at my expense, and came up with this ponderous pondering:

The mathematics of mind-time  
The special trick of consciousness is being able to project action and time into a range of possible futures


By the way: If you're put off by the word "mathematics," don't be; there's not a single equation in the article. As far as I can tell, it could just as well have been titled "The philosophy of mind-time."

This was fascinating when I first found it, for some reason, and it continued to stretch my brain today. The only problem is, today, my brain is already stretched as far as it can get right now.

So... I'm just going to leave this here. I hope someone else will be interested. I neither agree nor disagree with the article, incidentally; I just like the way the author presents their case. This stuff is seriously above my pay grade, but at the moment I can't even think of ways to riff off of it for humorous effect.

Yeah... I know... I'm cheating today. I'll give myself this one. Hopefully, I won't make a habit of it.

I'm going to go turn off my consciousness now. Tomorrow we'll see if I can make jokes, or at least be coherent.

© Copyright 2021 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1006406-The-Ideas-of-March