*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1006613-How-to
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#1006613 added March 18, 2021 at 12:57pm
Restrictions: None
How to
If you were hired to show tourists what life is really like where you live, what would you show them or have them do?

owl for signature use *FlowerR*


I would show them the rural life and small town life versus the two largest cities. I would show them the work force and where the main jobs are. I would give them a map and map out the distances between where the governments are and where the people actually live. For instance:

When I went to get my dog's lifetime license I had to go to the court house to get it. It is approximately 30 to 35 miles away. A regular license can be bought through the mail or on line.

After college, when I was trying to find a job, I had a phone call that said I could get a job interview at the courthouse on a certain day and time. There was a blizzard going on at that time. I called the place that the interview was suppose to be and found out it was a scam to get me in a car out in the blizzard. Our phone averages a crank call 4 to 5 days a week.

Drivers license bureaus are only in large cities not even centrally located. Walmart and Dollar Stores are getting better now. They are popping up in the small places so you don't drive so far. five miles to the nearest McDonald's. Sixteen miles in two different directions gets us to a Walmart.

When my daughter lived here in 2006 she was driving 35 miles one way to her job and back. So 70 miles a day. Add a bad snow storm to that and see the fun begin? Some of the worthwhile gain in pay used up in transportation.

Jobs with in driving distance are still needed. When I say rural I mean rural. It's a way of life. Used to be big dairy farms around they have been disappearing over the years. Our country was built be farms. We need our agriculture.


© Copyright 2021 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1006613-How-to