*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1006817-Trinkets-Trinkets-Everywhere
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2207577
So playing the trombone wasn't getting me in enough trouble?
#1006817 added March 21, 2021 at 3:18pm
Restrictions: None
Trinkets, Trinkets, Everywhere!
I really liked the idea of "The Trinket of the Day", so apparently did the Grumpy Leprechaun, Pub Bunny, and Anon-Y-Monkey.

They all were quite happy with them until I presented the bill for the projected cost, which apparently they hadn't thought about; A full month of trinkets comes out to be a bit over 1.5 million Bananas. That price tag gave even Anon-Y-Monkey pause, made Pub Bunny ask if there would still be enough to keep him stock in sasparilla and the Grumpy Leprechaun just fainted in shock.

Once I got everybody calm and alert again I made the following proposal, which was accepted unanimously;

Starting in April, my three bosses will choose two "Observed Days" per week out of a sasparilla mug. Once the scuffle is over and the dust settles, whichever Day floats to the surface, I will create Trinkets for.

         One Trinket will be purely informational, though I have been informed that it should make Anon-Y-Monkey chatter, Pub Bunny snort sasparilla, and Grumpy Leprechaun smile. (Like that will ever happen).

         The second Trinket will feature a small challenge or contest, with prizes, fanfares, and marching bands. (I threw the last two in to shut them up.)

In late-breaking news, another of my Monkey Bosses, Andre from "Invalid Item phoned to make sure that this agreement would not affect his future Trinket orders — it will not, but his trinkets are only available in the bar!

Of course, I reserve the right to continue Trinketeering at random when the mood takes me. So the "Only In NY State Series," Holidays, and whatever else the three stooges *Up* or Andre dream up will continue to pop up unexpectedly.

And You Can't Stop Me!


(Well, The StoryMaster or The StoryMistress could, but I'll try to stay on their good side!)

© Copyright 2021 Richard ~ Shenanigans INC. (UN: brennus at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Richard ~ Shenanigans INC. has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1006817-Trinkets-Trinkets-Everywhere